0.85rc1, <solution> task, C# winforms app
solution task: resx files need to be considered carefully
when building down-level!
ResX files created with VS2003 are chock full of
references to v1.1 CLR types. (In the case of bitmaps,
icons, etc, these type-references are embedded in
If these references don't get scrubbed back to v1.0,
apps built downlevel (eg: with -t:net-1.0) will
experience a variety of ugly crashes when run on
machines with v1.0 CLR only.
Check out the "vsconvert" tool on codeproject.com for a
description of how resx files should be handled...
- start VS2003, create new winforms project
- Form1 properties: set Localizable=true, in order to
generate dependency on resx file, and emit calls to
- compile (w/ VS), run, it's all good
- now, rebuild w/ NAnt, targetting v1.0 framework (-
- test on a clean-box w/ v1.0 fx only (no v1.1, no
whidbey, etc)... kaboom! (Failure usually shows up as
an InvalidCastException, in one of the
Log in to post a comment.