About Perfdata

• pompelmoes

pompelmoes - 2012-08-06

I recently imigrated nagios to another server with nagiosql and nagiosgraph.
    Everything is working fine, only my perfdata.log is only showing a certain amount of information. Normally in that file every process should be written, I only see a certain amount of perfdata. I know this is a nagios problem and not a nagiosgraph, but on the nagios support forum they arn't answering my question.

Does any of you know if there is an option that filters out some performance data? It looks like only my linux template is giving perfdata. The windows template isn't (only ping works).

• pompelmoes

pompelmoes - 2012-08-06

$ /usr/lib64/nagios/plugins/check_nrpe -H -c check_disk_c -t 30 -p 16162
    Used: 4906 MB (10%) Free: 41093 MB (89%)

Like you see I get only serviceoutput and no perfdata. How can I make perdata out of this, so it appears in my perfdata.log file so I can create some graphs out of it ?

• pompelmoes

pompelmoes - 2012-08-06

It only writes data that has perfdata to my perfdata.log.

I also want it to write data WITHOUT perfdata getting written to this log file so I can graph it.

what do I need to add for that?

• Alan Brenner

Alan Brenner - 2012-10-17

I would write a shell script that Nagios calls instead of directly calling check_nrpe. The shell script would take the check_nrpe output and format it like, for example, the ping output.