A major update has been released of Nacho, the application server and web development platform. Dubbed version 0.10.0, the new version contains major new features developed over the last three months.
Foremost among the new features available in Nacho 0.10.0 are:
* The Nacho HTTP Server allowing Nacho to operate as a standalone HTTP server for the first time, rather than being dependent on a Java servlet container.
* The Nacho McKoi Module allowing Nacho to operate standalone with the McKoi SQL database.
* The Nacho CSV Module allowing Nacho to read and write Comma Separated Value (CSV) data, improving interoperability with other database and spreadsheet applications.
* A new installer for all platforms.
* Ten new reference manuals covering new and previously undocumented features.... read more
Nacho v0.9.3 has been released with a bunch of new demonstration applications and numerous fixes and enhancements. Nacho is a rapid web application development system, dynamically handling not just text, but image and other rich content also.
Foremost amongst the changes are three applications designed to demonstrate the features of Nacho, to act as a learning aid, and also to double as functional applications for deployment on a web site. The applications include a Web log ("Blog"), Counter and Guestbook. Also included is the new bjInstaller(tm) application, providing a simpler means of installing Nacho applications by using Nacho Archive (NAR) packages.... read more
A new version of Nacho has been released with a number of minor enhancements and bug fixes. Along with this is a new distribution for Windows users, bundling Nacho with all its requirements into one easy to install package.
Nacho is a dynamic web development platform. Through a high level functional template language it delivers text, image and other rich content at a rapid pace.
Changes in the new version, dubbed 0.9.2, include:... read more
Nacho is a dynamic content server and rapid web development platform. Version 0.9.0 released today marks its first public release.
By combining a high level template language with database abstraction and many supporting features, Nacho delivers dynamic web pages and other content at a rapid pace, with little development effort. Text, image and other rich content is generated through its template and database interaction, providing more accessible avenues to dynamic web content.... read more