TCX export/import?

Lars Modig
2012-02-03
2013-04-07
  • Lars Modig

Lars Modig - 2012-02-03

Hi,

Last week I used my laptop (Ubuntu 10.04 and Mytourbook 12.1) when I was at a training camp. When later on trying to export and import the data to my desktop ( I didn't want to copy the complete database) I got some strange result? I dont get the laps, and the recorded time gets longer approx 10 minutes? Strange. Do you know what went wrong?

/Lars

• Wolfgang

Wolfgang - 2012-02-08

can you send me this file which is imported not correctly that I can investigate the problem

Wolfgang

PS: I was offline for a few day's because my router stopped working, it which was only 3 months old

• Gaz Perth

Gaz Perth - 2013-01-01

I am on MAC OSX 10.6.3 and have my tourbook Ver 12.12.0 running OK. I love the software but cannot work out how to export from my database back to a GPX or TCX file.

I dont seem to have the option to export anywhere? Anyone know what I am missing?

• Gaz Perth

Gaz Perth - 2013-01-02

Thanks Wolfgang, what I was looking for was the left mouse button to get the "export" command. I could not find it in the menus.
    I now have a new problem though. I can export either a gpx or tcx file, however when I try to import these files into another program (eg Strava.com) I get an import error "file not recognised" . I am able to import files that I take direct from my Garmin, just the My Tourbook exported files do no work. Is there a fix for this? Am I making an error when I do the export?

• Wolfgang

Wolfgang - 2013-01-05

when you can tell me what is wrong in the exported gpx or tcx file, I can fix it but I do not test the exported files with thousands of possible other applications

• nopacer

nopacer - 2013-01-05

Hi Wolfgang,
    same problem here on Debian sid.
    Since update to 12.12.0, tcx-file import stops with error:

"Datenformat ist unbekannt für diese Dateien"

The file "Fehlerlog" contains the message:

Polar xml data are not valid in: /media/GARMIN/Garmin/History/2013-01-03-15-00-18.tcx

The tcx-files are imported from garmin Edge 705 mounted on:

/media/GARMIN/Garmin/History

Older versions of mytourbook was working fine with tcx import.

Could you please help on this issue?

Thanks and regards,

nopacer67

• nopacer

nopacer - 2013-01-05

Hi Wolfgang,
    after reinstalling 12.12.0 everything is working fine now.

Thanks anyway :-), especially for the very good software mytourbook. It would be unbeatable if there were a trainplanner included.

Best Regards and a happy new year to you and your family,
    Markus