I'm migrating my site to a new server but am unsure of how to back up and restore links. I already have a database in use that I will add my-threads to.
What I would like to do is take the data in my current install and use it as the sample data to import when setting up the new install of my-threads. What commands do I use in phpmyadmin. I have never done this before and would appreciate step by step details.
All help is truely appreciated
Here are the steps to export your data and table structure from your database using phpMyAdmin 2.3.3pl1.
1. In the left column of phpMyAdmin, click on the database name
2. Click on the Export tab
You should now be on the page that has View dump (schema) of database
3. Hold the <control> key down and select the tables you want to export.
4. To the right of the list of tables, click on Structure and data
5. Below the list of tables, click on Save as file
6. Click the Go button, then save the file locally.
This will create a .php file that you can copy to and run on your Web server to create the tables and import the data into your database.
Log in to post a comment.
Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:
You seem to have CSS turned off.
Please don't fill out this field.