Help
Laburo UCM
2004-04-30
2004-08-18
  • Laburo UCM

Laburo UCM - 2004-04-30

i have this error when run my application
    Any solution????

File or assembly name System.Data, or one of its dependencies, was not found.

=== Pre-bind state information ===
    LOG: DisplayName = System.Data, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
    (Fully-specified)
    LOG: Appbase = file:///D:/Fuentes/HelpDesk
    LOG: Initial PrivatePath = bin
    Calling assembly : (Unknown).
    ===

LOG: Publisher policy file is not found.
    LOG: No redirect found in host configuration file (C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\aspnet.config).
    LOG: Using machine configuration file from C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\config\machine.config.
    LOG: Post-policy reference: System.Data, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.0.3705/Temporary ASP.NET Files/helpdesk/3535abda/c917fa26/System.Data.DLL.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.0.3705/Temporary ASP.NET Files/helpdesk/3535abda/c917fa26/System.Data/System.Data.DLL.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///D:/Fuentes/HelpDesk/bin/System.Data.DLL.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///D:/Fuentes/HelpDesk/bin/System.Data/System.Data.DLL.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.0.3705/Temporary ASP.NET Files/helpdesk/3535abda/c917fa26/System.Data.EXE.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.0.3705/Temporary ASP.NET Files/helpdesk/3535abda/c917fa26/System.Data/System.Data.EXE.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///D:/Fuentes/HelpDesk/bin/System.Data.EXE.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///D:/Fuentes/HelpDesk/bin/System.Data/System.Data.EXE.

• Christine

Christine - 2004-05-05

Yes, I have this problem, too!  I just reported this to the bug tracking system.  My post:

I develop with Microsoft .Net 2002.  Today, I tried to run my program, to which I have just added the MySQLDriverCS library.

The code is as follows:

try
      {
      MySQLConnection con;
      string connectionStr = new MySQLConnectionString(localhost, database, user, pass).AsString;
      con = new MySQLConnection();

It compiles just fine, but when I run it, I get the following error:

File or assembly name System.Data, or one of its dependencies, was not found.

I did a Google search on this problem, and found that it might be a discrepancy between .Net versions 2002 and 2003.  Basically, if the library was developed in .Net 2003, then it might not be compatible with a developer using the library in .Net 2002.  The following URL gives more detailed information:

http://weblogs.asp.net/fbouma/articles/7384.aspx

Have you encountered this problem before?  Is there a solution I haven't considered?

Thanks,
      Christine

• Anonymous - 2004-08-18

I had the same problem. You can try using v3.0.8.
      I have found that v3.0.8 was the last version that worked with .NET framework 1.0.x
      Install .NET framework 1.1.x if you want to use the latest version of the driver.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks