Reading access.log fails...

2009-02-09
2013-04-24
  • Stewart Brown

Stewart Brown - 2009-02-09

Hi,

When I run the mysar-importer.php file, it parses some of the access.log file then thows out the following error.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________.________________________.__PHP Notice:  Undefined index:  host in /usr/local/mysar/bin/mysar-importer.php on line 196

ERROR on SQL query
    SQL query: INSERT INTO traffic(date,time,ip,resultCode,bytes,url,authuser) VALUES ('1970-01-01','00:00:00',INET_ATON('from'),'squid\r\nVia:','1.0','(squid/3.0.STABLE8)\\r\\nProxy-Connection:','close\\r\\n\\r]')
    Database error number: 1048
    Database error message: Column 'ip' cannot be null
    Exiting...[root]# /usr/local/mysar/bin:>

I have set the following in the squid.conf file after reading the postings on this forum

log_fqdn off
    emulate_httpd_log off
    log_mime_hdrs off

Has anyone got any other ideas please?
    Regards
    S.B.

• Stewart Brown

Stewart Brown - 2009-02-09

Sorry folks....

The steps taken above did work, but my colleague had not restarted squid to create a new access.log file.

Mysar is now working fine.

Just one note, we are running SUSE 10.XX and to get the cron jobs to work properly, I had to copy the syntax from the installed mysar.cron file into /etc/crontab (excluding the line for the mysar binary importer - we could not get this to compile without installing extra software).

Again sorry about the mix up...

S.B.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks