SourceForge has been redesigned. Learn more.
Close

install hangs at Creating database...

si13ncer
2008-11-18
2013-04-24
  • si13ncer

si13ncer - 2008-11-18

ok so i had my install working perfectly, until i wanted to impliment a trouble ticket system...after doing battle with that i got the bright idea i would uninstall mysql, under the impression it was never really working although mysar worked fine
    now i got mysql reinstalled and working the way i want it but now mysar wont pull up my database...so i wiped it out and trying a fresh install of mysar but it just hangs at creating database...
    ideas? suggestions?

• si13ncer

si13ncer - 2008-11-18

PHP Warning:  mysql_connect(): Access denied for user 'mysar'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /srv/www/htdocs/mysar/inc/common.inc.php on line 49

Error connecting to database!
      ERROR on SQL query
      Database error number: 1045
      Database error message: Access denied for user 'mysar'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

• Drizzt

Drizzt - 2008-11-18

Check your config for the mysql username and password, and give access to your mysar database to that user with that password

• si13ncer

si13ncer - 2008-11-18

Now im getting - SuSEproxy:/srv/www/htdocs/mysar/bin # ./mysar-importer.php

Importer is disabled. Exiting...

• Drizzt

Drizzt - 2008-11-18

Reenable the importer in your config.

• si13ncer

si13ncer - 2008-11-18

so it seems that i can interact with the DB now, whcih is a good thing - but at least it should say 0 records - also i cant even see the main page via browser now - so im wondering if its a php or mysql issue.

/srv/www/htdocs/mysar/inc/common.inc.php(38) -> Disabling PHP's execution time limit...Yes
      Initializing database connection...
      dbHost=localhost,dbUser=mysar,dbPass=****
      Done.
      Selecting database...
      dbName=mysar
      Done.
      Start timestamp is 1227042781
      Configuration:Array
      (
          [dbUser] => mysar
          [dbPass] => ****
          [dbHost] => localhost
          [dbName] => mysar
      )

(SELECT value FROM config WHERE name='mysarImporter')
      Importer is disabled. Exiting...

• Drizzt

Drizzt - 2008-11-18

Have a look at the management website to enable the importer

• si13ncer

si13ncer - 2008-11-18

i cant access anything via web concerning mysar - i have to do everything at the konsole
      i just get a blank page even when i just try to view the main page - importer/resolver/maintenance are just luxurys at this point

• si13ncer

si13ncer - 2008-11-18

fixed the problem...all is well now - it was a php5 package...the only issue is i dont know which one - maybe it was reinstalling the core files or adding extra extensions besides the mysql
      anyhow - its fixed

• marcos mello

marcos mello - 2009-06-08

Hi all,

Um using this thead 'cause i have a bit same problem: After message CREATING DATABASE... the installation hangs...

The DB password is correct but the php script  cant create mysar DB in mysql...

Could someone help me? Im stucked...