Possible bug in mygeneration 1.3.0.1?

Help
HGeraldino
2007-12-26
2013-04-24
  • HGeraldino

HGeraldino - 2007-12-26

Hi everybody!

I've downloaded mygeneration last week, and I'm trying to change some parameters in user metadata to be able to use autonumeric fields (sequences) in Oracle, and also I want to change some table names (well, the name casing specifycally, from an ALL-UPPERCASE-NAMES to a CamelCase).

I've installed VStudio 2005 (.NET 2.0 off course), the Oracle 10g XE Client (to connect to an Oracle instance) and I can generate the Business Entities without problems. However, when I try to modify the Alias of any table (from the User Meta Data window, browsing the objects from MyMeta Browser), an NullReferenceException occurs as soon as I press the save button. This is the log:

12/26/2007 3:08:36 PM - Opened Template: "dOOdads Business Entity" from "C:\Program Files\MyGeneration13\Templates\C#\CSharp_SQL_dOOdads_BusinessEntity.vbgen".
    12/26/2007 3:10:44 PM - NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. -    at MyGeneration.MetaDataBrowser.SaveUserMetaData()
       at MyGeneration.UserMetaData.toolBar1_ButtonClick(Object sender, ToolBarButtonClickEventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ToolBar.OnButtonClick(ToolBarButtonClickEventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ToolBar.WmReflectCommand(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ToolBar.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I don't have idea about what can be wrong. Any help is really appreciated.

Thanks,
    hg

• HGeraldino

HGeraldino - 2007-12-26

Hey, nevermind. 

It seems to be fixed in the 1.3.0.3 release. That was really fast!

Thanks a lot,
      hg