Can anyone provide more explicit instructions to enable SSL? I've tried to follow this (http://wiki.mxhero.com:8080/display/docs/Adding+SSL), but am obviously doing something wrong.
I'm running mxHero 1.8 on Ubuntu 10.04LTS.
What is the error are you getting?
Here were the steps I followed (from http://wiki.mxhero.com:8080/display/docs/Adding+SSL):
1) Edited Tomcat's server.xml file
2) Did not yet have apache, so installed apache2 through apt-get (already had OpenSSL installed)
3) Followed instructions here to create SSL certificate: https://www.digitalocean.com/community/articles/how-to-create-a-ssl-certificate-on-apache-for-ubuntu-12-04
4) Edited httpd.conf
5) Attempted to browse HTTPS site, but received error: Error 107 (net::ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR): SSL protocol error. This is a general error in Chrome, and I couldn't figure out what was causing it.
6) Removed apache2, attempted to follow directions to configure & build from (http://www.thegeekstuff.com/2011/03/install-apache2-ssl/), but was unsuccessful building apache2 with SSL.
7) Gave up and posted this question. :-)
I have tried doing the same thing and have been unsuccessful. I wish this was a feature that was included by default because the attachment tracker and the ability to send large emails is way cool but I'm just not comfortable doing it over http.
Log in to post a comment.