Close

Build MXF for Pinnacle

Help
Sascha
2006-10-06
2013-04-25
  • Sascha

Sascha - 2006-10-06

Does someone succeede to build a MXF file which is compatible to Sony evtr or Pinnacle?

I convert a DV Stream to Mpeg2 I Frame only m2v Format and a separate Audio Stream in PCM.

With MXF Wrapper I succeede to build a MXF.

But This file is not accepted by SGT or Pinnacle Servers.

any Idears?

• Matt Beard

Matt Beard - 2006-10-09

Some MXF decoders can be very picky about the type of MXF files that they will accept.

It is probably worth contacting the server manufacturer for a specification of what files they can accept and then build a file to that specification.

If this is not possible you could examine a file produced by such a device and try and match that.

• Sascha

Sascha - 2006-10-09

Hi Matt, thanks for your reply,
        the format is D-10 IMX from Sony I look for a way to generate it with ffmpeg+MFXLib.
        All tests and files I generated faild.... so thats why I ask if someone has a running solution.

• Matt Beard

Matt Beard - 2006-10-10

Interestingly no one has yet shown much interest in D-10 in MXFLib so it has not yet been added as a specific mapping.

It should not be a major task as the building blocks are all pretty much there - it just needs a volunteer or some funding.

• Sascha

Sascha - 2006-10-10

I m wondering, D10 is the most used Format in professional playout Servers & equipment, Sony, Omneon, Avid and Pinnacle using D10.

• Digby Richards

Digby Richards - 2007-08-23

Hi Matt,

Following up on this post ...
            "It should not be a major task as the building blocks are all pretty much there - it just needs a volunteer or some funding. "

We are interested in writing D-10 files.
            Can you please give us any pointers and/or how much funding ?

Thanks

• Dietmar Hermanns

D10 is MPEG2 I Frame 30/40/50 Mbit but with a constant payload. I don't know if this is supported by mencoder or others? The audio has to be an 4/8 channel multiplexed native 16/24 bit pcm AES/EBU stream, I don't know a freeware tool for this. If you know one tool please let me know!