I raised this issue a few months ago and thought I had
found a solution, but it seems that I have not.....
The mvpmc file browser will not play mp3 files
generated on my windows computer (either by Windows
Media Player or ITunes).
When I originally found the problem I thought it was to
do with bit rates and used ffmpeg to convert the bit
rate of all my mp3 files to 128kbps, which got them
working on the mvpmc file browser.
I have now discovered that ffmpeg actually converted
them to mp2 files, not mp3 ones, which means that they
do not work on my portable mp3 player.
If I use lame to convert the mp2 files back to mp3
files, they play ok on mvpmc (but I loose the artist,
genre etc. tags that are included in the mp3 file).
I have put some more information on the internet at <a
I have also included example files in the three formats
(Windows generated mp3, ffmpeg generated mp2 and lame
I also checked that the original windows file played
using the Hauppauge supplied software and it plays ok,
so I think this must be a bug in the mvpmc file browser
(the original files play via SlimServer and mclient).
Sorry to raise the issue for a second time!