From: Leigh Smith <leigh@to...> - 2001-09-20 00:04:07
There have been some slight API changes, generating a revision rollover,
rather than a patch release. However there are quite a few worthwhile
Version 5.4.0 of the MusicKit includes the following improvements:
1. Linux support for streaming audio synthesis and soundfile playback.
2. Sample accurate sound playback using MKSamplerInstrument.
3. Adoption of headerdoc comments producing online HTML documentation.
4. Binary distribution now includes applications and command line utilities.
Version 2.1.0 of the SndKit includes the following improvements:
1. SndAudioFader class for smooth fade ins/outs and real-time fader control.
2. playsnd and recsnd, command line utilities for playing and recording
sound files or portions thereof.
A couple of the apps will complain about missing nameOfPar: and parName:
methods. These have now been fixed in the repository but not in the source
distribution. The binaries in the distribution have been fixed, but if you
are puzzling over the warnings, compiling directly from the CVS will fix it.