After a period that is much longer than I had hoped for, a new release
V5.6.0 of the MusicKit is now available. The change log (http://www.musickit.org/MusicKit_ChangeLog.txt
) is huge, but the highlights are:
* Documentation on building the MusicKit has been improved.
* Now builds on MacOS 10.5.X Intel or PPC and GNUstep.
* No longer requires external libraries to build. The system will be
built with reduced functionality (mostly impacting the SndKit) if the
dependent libraries are not installed.
* A more complete set of applications, utility commands and examples
are built on both MacOS X and particularly on GNUstep.
* HelpViewer help documentation is now available for some Applications
(ScorePlayer, Spectro, EnvelopeEd).
* A set of C language UnitGenerators by Julius Smith has now been
incorporated into the distribution. A future version of the MusicKit
will properly integrate these with the Objective-C unit generators for
native synthesis. Julius' contribution greatly simplifies this
process. Thanks Julius!
* A binary installation package for MacOS X is currently in
preparation. At the moment, only the source is released.
Leigh M. Smith