Menu

File and Folder Selections Fail

Gerowen
2015-09-28
2015-10-25
  • Gerowen

Gerowen - 2015-09-28

It has come to my attention that when using certain versions of Python the software will crash when selecting a file or folder. This is not a problem with Mupen64Plus or my front-end, this is a bug with Python itself, or at the very least python-tk. Currently using both Python 3.4.2 and Python 2.7.9 on a Debian 8 system this problem presents itself. I'm not sure what versions are affected, but I will do some research and try to re-work the code in such a way that it functions properly on systems that come with the affected versions of Python installed so that end users do not have to do anything extra. Since this affects both the 2.x and 3.x versions of Python that ship with Debian, I'm not sure if the issue has been fixed in Python 3.5, but you're welcome to try it out.

I will try to have an update posted in the next few days that both streamlines the configuration process (I'm gonna try to put all of the options in one dialog instead of spreading them out across several) and circumvents the problem with Python-TK when selecting files or folders.

• Gerowen

Gerowen - 2015-10-25

After briefly experimenting with Debian GNU/Linux between Ubuntu versions, I have since migrated my production machine back to Ubuntu, and this issue does not exist in Ubuntu, even though Ubuntu is a derivative of Debian. This leads me to believe that it is something specific to Debian Jessie and not with my code. Since the issue only appears to exist for users of Debian Jessie, I'm not sure if there's anything I can do to circumvent whatever causes it to appear, and I apologize to users of that operating system for any issues they may have using my software, :-(