Who want to help a noob

Help
siradam
2007-07-13
2012-10-30
  • siradam

siradam - 2007-07-13

ok, i am running windows vista (sorry), and I need help from the beginning. I all redy have the file installed and I figured out how to host (my ip is the address). Now i need to know
    1. Where to download the program that murmur uses I.E. some sort of sql mysql sqllite or what ever.
    2. How to set up a data base.
    3. Tips on miatining the data base and murmur server.
    4. How I can make my address different I.E. (i am using this for world of warcraft private server and it is called SGEWoW)(and if you want a position as a G.M. and help me out I think i will have a spot free;))
    5. How to have channel making powers and admen powers.

• siradam

siradam - 2007-07-14

ok thank you for all of your help and putting up with me.

• Jorgen Vehusheia

1. Murmur requires no external database. Sqlite is a file-based database, more information about it is available at sqlite.org.

2. There are several very good guides available for how to set up a database. It all depends on which database you wish to use. However, I strongly discourage you from attempting to edit the user database unless you are very certain you know what you are doing. There are currently no easily available, quick-and-easy setup guides to get around this, as far as I am aware.

3. Unless you are experiencing problems with the murmur server, the art of maintaining it should consist simply of running it, and then leaving it there. As previously stated, no external database is necessary.

4. I am unsure what you mean here. The IP address of the server will match the IP address of the machine at which you run the server process. The port it uses can be changed in the murmur.ini file.

5. The Readme.txt describes the process of setting up your SuperUser account's password when Murmur is run, which will allow you to connect to your server using the user name SuperUser and the password specified, allowing you full administrator powers.

• siradam

siradam - 2007-07-14

>2.ok now could you send a link to a good guide because When i type murmur in the Google i get hart murmur.
        >5. I did that it sill says not allowed to make a chanl root.

• Thorvald Natvig

Thorvald Natvig - 2007-07-14

You're missing the point. Murmur uses a self-managed file-based database, there is no need to set it up manually.

And if you're logged in as SuperUser (with the actual username "SuperUser") then you are allowed to do whatever you please.

• siradam

siradam - 2007-07-14

i am just saying that i went in to the read me i went in to the control panel i ran like this cd c:\program files\mumble
            you are now in the mumble directory (or somting like that) murmur-supw Amerika loged on to mumble entered the password (Amerika) tryed to create a new channel and it said that i am not allowed to.

• siradam

siradam - 2007-07-14

wate just log on with the name super user

• Thorvald Natvig

Thorvald Natvig - 2007-07-14

Yes, as we've said several times, you have to use the username "SuperUser" to log in with full privileges.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks