A bizarre issue.

• guzenn

guzenn - 2014-04-16

Hello, I've had a very weird issue which affects Mumble and not only, and Mumble itself probably is not the core of the issue, but I decided this is the best place to look for help.

Sometimes when I try to launch a game, it won't launch and I won't be able to kill the process and the only way to get rid of it would be rebooting my PC. The issues affect steam games so if I kill that, it just crashes on startup.

Now the issue affects Mumble only after I do reboot my PC, and doesn't always happen, but the issue is, all of my favorited servers just disappear. More than that, whenever I try to add one to favorites, it just won't stay on the list, it disappears as soon as I close the server list. This is already but, but the issue get worse. I can't connect to any servers in any way. If I try to I get a prompt regarding accepting the certificate, as if I was connecting to the server for the first time, but if I do choose to accept it, it won't let me in the server anyway, I just get the promt again and again ad infinitum. The only way to stop that and finally connect to a server, is to create a new user account on my PC and use mumble from there, which means I have to set everything up again, changing all of my system, mumble, firefox and steam settings, which is a pain. The games this has happened with so far are Team Fortress 2, Resident Evil 6 and Borderlands 2.

Most people I've asked never heard of anything like this before, and the issue probably isn't only casued by Mumble, but I hope someone here can help me.

Thanks in advance.

Last edit: guzenn 2014-04-16
  • mumblenz

mumblenz - 2014-05-25

Id say you have a corrupt user profile folder, Which is why mumble wont save its settings. Probably caused by all the random restarts. Creating a new profile and pulling through any data you want from your old account is about the only way you can fix it properly.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks