QtSql

Help
2007-06-19
2012-10-30
  • xylometazolin

xylometazolin - 2007-06-19

Hallo,

first thank you for developing this open source alternative to teamspeak. And thank you for using ALSA instead of OSS.

I have tried to compile mumble from svn source but I've got the following error message:
    speexbuild.pro:25: Unknown test function: CONFIG
    speexbuild.pro:30: Unknown test function: CONFIG
    speexbuild.pro:34: Unknown test function: CONFIG
    WARNING: Failure to find: bits.c
    WARNING: Failure to find: cb_search.c
    [...]
    cd speexbuild && make -f Makefile
    make[1]: Entering directory /home/stefan/software/mumble/speexbuild' make[1]: *** Keine Regel vorhanden, um das Target »bits.c«, benötigt von »bits.o«, zu erstellen. Schluss. make[1]: Leaving directory/home/stefan/software/mumble/speexbuild'
    make: *** [sub-speexbuild] Fehler 2

I found a solution in the FAQ: compile Qt with the flag "-qt-sql-sqlite".

Well, I'm using Debian sid and binary packages of Qt (version 4.2.3). If possible I don't want to compile Qt. There is also a Package named libqt4-sql which contains the "libQtSql.so.4.2.3". The package description tells me that this package includes support for PostgreSQL, MySQL, and SQLite databases.

Now to my questions:
    1. Do I really need to compile Qt myself?
    2. I want to use MySQL instead of SQLite. Is this possible?

Regards,
    Stefan

• Thorvald Natvig

Thorvald Natvig - 2007-06-19

You're compiling with qt3, not qt4. IIRC, qmake is called qmake4 or qmake-qt4 or something like that on Debian systems :) Also note that you'll need the -dev packages for Qt.

The SVN version allows any SQL system you wish, but I strongly recommend you use sqlite, as there are no user-servicable parts in the murmur database and sqlite is considerably faster than the other alternatives.

• xylometazolin

Thank you for your fast reply.

Now I'm using qmake-qt4 and the error has changed. Now I get the following message:

$ make
        cd speexbuild && make -f Makefile
        make[1]: Entering directory /home/stefan/software/mumble/speexbuild' make[1]: *** No rule to make targetbits.c', needed by bits.o'. Stop. make[1]: Leaving directory/home/stefan/software/mumble/speexbuild'
        make: *** [sub-speexbuild-make_default] Error 2

In the directory "speexbuild" I cannot find any .c file. What can I do?

Regards,
        Stefan

• Thorvald Natvig

Grab the svn/git version of Speex and put it in a directory called 'speex'.

• xylometazolin

Thank you.

Now I get this error:
            make[1]: Entering directory /home/stefan/software/mumble/src/mumble' make[1]: *** No rule to make targetmumble_en.qm', needed by `mumble'. Stop.

Thank you for your support and spending your time. I'm sorry for asking you question after question. Maybe there is a compiling howto for mumble to prevent my (silly) questions?

Regards,
            Stefan

• Thorvald Natvig

Dang. "That shouldn't happen".

This means the new build targets for automatically building language files aren't working.

Doing this:
              lupdate
              lrelease

should work.. Hmm. could you check if the tools are called something else for qt4 on debian? lupdate-qt4 or something?

• xylometazolin

Yes, you are right. Thanks again.

lupdate and lrelease are linking to the qt3 versions. To prevent further problems I have removed my qt3 development packages. Now all qt development programs links to qt4 versions.

Now it compiled successfully.

Thank you very much!

Regards,
                Stefan

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks