Pre-built binary for x86 linux server?

Help
2007-06-12
2012-10-30
  • Daniel McGreal

Daniel McGreal - 2007-06-12

Dear Mumble creators and users,

Firstly, thank you for developing a much-needed open-source application and secondly, thank you for taking the time to read this post.

I have a couple of questions about the compilation stages on linux for the server application which leads me to my first:
    - Does the compilation of the client and server happen at the same time in the mumble-0.9.4.tar.bz2 ?
    - Is there an already built binary I can use as a server so I don't end up pissing off my hosts?

Thanks for any help you can give,
    Dan.

• Daniel McGreal

Daniel McGreal - 2007-06-20

Like a charm. There was one obstacle that I can't remember at present regarding one of the dependencies which was easily resolved via Google.

• Thorvald Natvig

Thorvald Natvig - 2007-06-12

In 0.9.4, building the client and server are distinct phases. From the next version onwards, the default will build both, but you can choose to build only the server if you so desire.

The problem with ready-made binaries is that they are very distribution depdendant. There are binaries here for Ubuntu 6.10, but we currently do not supply fully static linked binaries.

• Daniel McGreal

Daniel McGreal - 2007-06-12

Thanks Thorvald,

I'll ask my host about the dependencies and see what I can compile when they've said they're too busy :)

Dan.

• Thorvald Natvig

Thorvald Natvig - 2007-06-19

How did it go?

BTW: From 0.9.5 onwards, I'll be shipping a fully static linked version of murmur.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks