ACL Tutorial von Javitonino

2007-08-07
2012-10-30
  • BarefeetXanadu

BarefeetXanadu - 2007-08-07

Hello Mumblefriends,

i have read the new Tutorial from Javitonino related to administer the ACL. What i have to say, GREAT!!!!!!

Javitonino, thank you for this great Examples to understand how ACL work.
    I have feeling free and translate your Tut into German as well. (The ACL and Group is translated too).

The translated Works in a Nutshell:

The FAQ itself: http://mumble.sourceforge.net/FAQ_(Deutsch)
    The ACL and Groups: http://mumble.sourceforge.net/ACL_FAQ_DEUTSCH
    And last but not least, Javitonino's great Tut: http://mumble.sourceforge.net/ACL_tutorial_deutsch

Best Regards

Jürgen aKa BarefeetXanadu

• javitonino

javitonino - 2007-08-07

FAQ is linked to Deutsch version and vice versa. But you should add links to the other language for ACL faq and tutorial (I will add them myself, but Ich sprechen etwas Deutsch and I have forgotten most of it :P)
      Great job that you have done here, and glad you liked my tutorial :D

• BarefeetXanadu

BarefeetXanadu - 2007-08-07

Thank you Javitonino.

I have linked German ACL FAQ from the German FAQ, the English ACL FAQ is linked from English FAQ (there are no Changes). Do you mean to link to English ACL FAQ from the German FAQ too and vice versa. I can do it in. But i think a reader of German FAQ want German ACL FAQ (self for english FAQ -> english ACL FAQ. But if wanted i will insert it.

Best Regards

Jürgen aKa Xanadu etc. ;-)

• javitonino

javitonino - 2007-08-07

I meant ACL-FAQ english<--> ACL-FAQ german and ACL-tutorial(english)<-->ACL tutorial(deutsch)
      Something like a little list that shows the different language an article is avalaible in would be good. Something like...
      [[ACL_tutorial en]] - [[ACL_tutorial_deutsch de]]
      at the top of the page. That way it will easy to add some more languages (I'm thinking on spanish right now ;) )

Also, we can make a standard way to name articles in other languages. Something like:
      Article_name_in_english_(language)
      to have them look similar:
      ACL_tutorial(Deutsch)
      ACL_tutorial(Español)
      ACL_tutorial(Français)

Also, the language names should be all in english (german, spanish, french) or all in their own language(deutsch, español, français) or even in the language code (de, es, fr).
      We can create a category for each language so it easy to find articles in that language; but I think it's better to make categories like "Installation", "Troubleshooting", "Configuration" and so on.

Just some ideas... What do you think?
      And if you have read all the above, congratulations :P

• BarefeetXanadu

BarefeetXanadu - 2007-08-08

i think it is a good Thing to do so. Language Code is ok, or in their own language. Its ok to rename to ACL_turorial (Deutsch). I will look what i can do next time. I think i first make the Rename of the Wiki Articles. Also ACL_FAQ_DEUTSCH to ACL_FAQ (Deutsch) etc.

Best Regards

Xanadu Jürgen

• BarefeetXanadu

BarefeetXanadu - 2007-08-08

i have look, the Language Code looks not so good. In my Opinion English Deutsch Espanol Francaise looks much better than the Codes. I do this change into the German ACL FAQ first,
      there you all can look what you think before a ready Concept go into all other.

http://mumble.sourceforge.net/ACL_FAQ_(Deutsch)

Best Regards

Xanadu Jürgen

• javitonino

javitonino - 2007-08-09

Here you go, a template to add a language chooser to a page. How to use it and so on is located here:
      http://mumble.sourceforge.net/Template:Languages

Changing some articles names here and there to make it work...

• javitonino

javitonino - 2007-08-09

Some things...
      -While moving pages, they get copied instead of moved and normal users don't have deletion rights. I'll try to prepare a list of redirection articles to be removed (Sorry slicer).
      -To make it work I used page names that are the english version with the language name inside brackets. It may be a little confusing to read the article name in english. It's easy enough to change the template to use different page names, but it will be harder to use, as you would have to add the languages by hand; something like
      {{Languages}}{{Lang|English|ACL and Groups}}{{Lang|Deutsch|ACL and Gruppen}}{{Lang|Español|ACL y Grupos}}
      instead of the current
      {{Languages|ACL ang Groups}}
      Or we can continue using the previous method, that basically consisted on creating links by hand.

• BarefeetXanadu

BarefeetXanadu - 2007-08-09

Hello i think from Hand is it easyer too. But i will look on the Template next Time perhaps i can do what with it. But i think the handy way is better ;-)

Best Regards

Xanadu Jürgen

• BarefeetXanadu

Nachtrag:

Ah by ACL and Groups you have added it, i look on right now.
      Ok i have seen it, it looks better with Template. I change my Opinion. Let's do it with Template.

So Users find easy the other Pages.

• BarefeetXanadu

mmhm in German ACL and Groups i have added the
      {{Languages|{{PAGENAME}}}}

But i can't reach english or espanol. I think the Names are to different.
      Is it only one Way from NAME to NAME_(Language) and not from NAME_(Language) to NAME.

Best Regards

Xanadu Jürgen

• javitonino

javitonino - 2007-08-09

Err, you should put {{Languages|ACL and Groups}} as ACL and Groups is the name for the english page... {{PAGENAME}} will only work in the english page. Ooops, my fault. Anyway, if we are going to use the second template, that will not be neccesary, read my post below.
        If we finally decide to use the simple template (the one you are trying to use) I will try to fix it.

• javitonino

javitonino - 2007-08-09

Do you mean the second template?
      {{Languages}}{{Lang|English|ACL and Groups}}{{Lang|Deutsch|ACL and Gruppen}}{{Lang|Español|ACL y Grupos}}

I like that too, but the problem is that when adding a language, it will need to be added to each existing language version. Languages are not added everyday so it should not be a great deal.
      Using that template, the (Deutsch) (Español) ... is not needed, as the title is already translated "ACL and Gruppen" "ACL y Grupos".

So I like something like this...
      Article title: Whatever you like, no need to add the language, as it is already localized. Possible exception: FAQ, as its translation is FAQ in most languages.
      Navigation: The second template. Something like {{Langs}}{{Lang|English||ACL and Groups}}{{Lang|Deutsch|ACL und Gruppen}}{{Lang|Español|ACL y Grupos}}{{/Langs}}
      Categories: Make a category for each language and put localized articles in there to make them easier to find (just look at the category for all the pages in your language)

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks