PDF Tool API

Tools
dash345
2006-03-01
2013-04-29
  • dash345

dash345 - 2006-03-01

When is the PDF tool going to be available commercially ? The website www.practicalthoughts.com doesn't not have any content.

• Sam Larison

Sam Larison - 2009-04-17

Even worse, the only content on the site, the email address sales@practicalthoughts.com got returned to me with a 550 550 <sales@practicalthought.com>: invalid address (state 14).

I wonder how I can get in contact with the person who has the source!  Does anyone have any ideas?  All I need is the .java for the Impose command, and I'm willing to pay for it if need be, or whatever licensing is required.  Thanks!

• Lee Lofgren

Lee Lofgren - 2009-04-18

There hasn't been any activity on this site for a long time. If I remember correctly, the author used a commercial library for portions of this, and as a result, was not able to make the source code available. However, there is a lot that you can do without the source. I use the encrypt and decrypt commands. I tried to get the code, or at least for him to make some of the underlying classes public so that I could access them directly, but he told me that he couldn't because of the license agreement. I suggest you hand the files in and out through the command line arguments if you can't reference the necessary classes directly. It may not be as elegant but it gets the job done just the same.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks