Metrics for notes

• erobin

erobin - 2004-08-31

Hi, I'm actually working on a code review/doc review tool that annotates source code but also attaches certain metrics like "Fault Origin" and "Fault Type". The user chooses from a drop down list of choices and associates an origin and/or type of error found when reviewing a file. When I saw this tool I found it very useful because of its ability to work with pdf's. What I'm wondering about is the possibility of adding drop down boxes for a more descriptive comment inside the notes. So whenever a new note is made, a user can choose from a drop down list of choices(configurable) that can describe the origin of the problem and the type. These are somewhat specific so maybe have some way to either turn them off and to configure the choices. I've found that many companies lack document revision tools such as these that allow users to better classify problems. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

• Tom Phelps

Tom Phelps - 2004-08-31

This is certainly possible.  You'll need to understand the document tree, of which GUI widgets are a part.  I'd suggest looking at classes Note, Node, and VMenu to start.  One consideration is that annotations authoring isn't industrial strength; we're looking for funding to support such development.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks