#292 Error when importing Deck Classic format

Bug
closed
nobody
None
1
2014-09-29
2013-11-17
rdo
No

I always get the following error when I try to import a deck/collection in the Deck Classic format:

Cannot parse data file: com.reflexit.magiccards.core.model.MagicCardPhysical cannot be cast to com.reflexit.magiccards.core.model.MagicCard

Version: 1.2.8
Build id: 1.2.8.32

Discussion

  • Alena Laskavaia

    Alena Laskavaia - 2013-11-17

    Can you please update to newer version using Help->Check for Software updates
    I believe it was fixed

     
  • rdo

    rdo - 2013-11-17

    The software update doesn't work for me:

    Unable to read repository at http://mtgbrowser.sourceforge.net/update/1.2/content.xml.
    Timeout while reading input stream.
    The following system properties can be used to adjust the readTimeout, retryAttempts, and closeTimeout
    org.eclipse.ecf.provider.filetransfer.retrieve.readTimeout=<default:1000>
    org.eclipse.ecf.provider.filetransfer.retrieve.retryAttempts=<default:30>
    org.eclipse.ecf.provider.filetransfer.retrieve.closeTimeout=<default:1000>

    or

    Unable to read repository at http://mtgbrowser.sourceforge.net/update/1.2/content.xml.
    Connection reset

    (I can download the xml file just fine in firefox)

    But I have downloaded and installed the standalone version of 1.2.8.35, updated my java to the latest version, and I still get the same error.

    edit:
    I added the following lines to magicassistant.ini:

    -Dorg.eclipse.ecf.provider.filetransfer.retrieve.closeTimeout=12000
    -Dorg.eclipse.ecf.provider.filetransfer.retrieve.readTimeout=12000

    The update now actually stared, but still timed out on several jar files. I downloaded those manually, and I am now on 1.2.9.8.

    But I still get the same error when I try to import..

     
    Last edit: rdo 2013-11-17
  • Comment has been marked as spam. 
    Undo

    You can see all pending comments posted by this user  here

    Anonymous - 2013-11-18

    Hmm. Can you please attach the log, found in <workspace>/.metadata/.log

     
  • Comment has been marked as spam. 
    Undo

    You can see all pending comments posted by this user  here

    Anonymous - 2013-11-18

    Certainly.

    I renamed the existing logfile (.log.bak), started the program and reproduced the error (.log).

     
    Last edit: Anonymous 2013-11-18
    Attachments
  • Comment has been marked as spam. 
    Undo

    You can see all pending comments posted by this user  here

    Anonymous - 2013-11-19

    New log does not contain exceptions, old one does, but old exceptions are from old
    code which is fixed already. Is there exactly same problem or something different?
    I will post full install package so you can try it

     
  • rdo

    rdo - 2013-11-21

    I installed it, but I still get the same error with the new version:

    error1

    And when I retry a couple of times I sometimes get a new error now:

    error2

    No errors in the logfile though..

     
    Last edit: rdo 2013-11-21
  • Comment has been marked as spam. 
    Undo

    You can see all pending comments posted by this user  here

    Anonymous - 2013-11-21

    I am still not sure you running latest version. This is what I see...
    What version is shown in "about"? Cam you install new one in different location to make sure (and run from there)?

     
    Attachments
  • rdo

    rdo - 2013-11-21

    I have all my versions in a separate directory. The latest one is in "c:\Program Files (x86)\MagicAssistant1.2.10.1"

    In the about screen it says:
    Version: 1.2.10
    Build id: 1.2.10.1

    I have attached the text under About\Installation Details\Configuration. But everything seems to point at the correct installation folder..

     
  • Alena Laskavaia

    Alena Laskavaia - 2014-01-10

    Can you still reproduce it?
    Please u[date to new version, exit program
    Remove all logs from your workspace
    Restart
    Try to import
    If you see error again send me logs
    Thank!

     
  • rdo

    rdo - 2014-01-15

    Yes, I still get the same error after updating.
    I'm on 1.2.10.4 now, but I don't think anything is logged (see attachment)

    For now, I'm using my laptop to do imports, and I copy the deck/collection xml over to my desktop ;-)

     
    Last edit: rdo 2014-01-15
  • Alena Laskavaia

    Alena Laskavaia - 2014-03-31

    It is unlikely fixed but I added more logging to improve diagnostics, when you have a chance please update sw to 1.2.10.10, run again and attach new log

     
  • Alena Laskavaia

    Alena Laskavaia - 2014-05-29
    • status: open --> pending
     
  • Alena Laskavaia

    Alena Laskavaia - 2014-09-29
    • status: pending --> closed
     
  • Alena Laskavaia

    Alena Laskavaia - 2014-09-29

    still need more feedback (also new version available 1.4)

     


Anonymous

Cancel  Add attachments





Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:





No, thanks