Can anybody help with the following problem:
I got the page:
<embed src="media/cyril.mpeg" type="application/x-mplayer2"
When I play it with nomediacache = 0 everything goes ok: getting playlist, buffering ..., playing ...(I see my favourite clip :) ), stopped
When I set nomediacache = 1, it fails: getting playlist, playing ... and immediatly - stopped, so no clip is shown.
Just for the sake of testing I entered the direct link to the clip http://localhost/media/cyril.mpeg - everything went OK!!!
Whats the problem?
change "src" to "filename" and see if that works... nomediacache with the src tag is really NOT designed for playing off a web server. It is more designed for streaming off an NFS server.
This does not help :(
The strange thing is that a direct url to clip works fine with nomediacache = 1.
PS: for my task webserver is on the same computer or lan.
<embed nocache=true width=640 height=480 filename="file:///home/kdekorte/Movies/test.mov">
You also might want to grab the CVS version of mplayerplug-in as there is a fix for nomediacache in there that went in a couple of weeks ago. But it is only needed if your device does not tell you the file length (like a video capture card), normal files should be fine.
Thanks. I found the solution.
<embed src="media/cyril.mpeg" .... />
<embed src="http://localhost/mysite/media/cyril.mpeg" .... />
solves the problem.
Seems like relative URL causes playback problems with nomediacache = 1
But I cannot call this solution a good one :(
Actually that is correct. Since the url you pass in is passed to mplayer and mplayer does not know of relative URLs. No other fixes will be done.
Log in to post a comment.
Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:
You seem to have CSS turned off.
Please don't fill out this field.