I've been using mplayerplug-in since the days it came out, but since my latest system reinstall and the switch to newer versions I've come across this issue. Mplayerplug-in only plays the part of the file that was downloaded, then stops. If more was downloaded during playback it won't play that part, and I'll have to restart it to get it to play that part. If I punch the video address into mplayer's ocmmand line it correctly caches it and plays the entire thing. Any ideas?
What type of file is this? I have seen this issue with mp3 files, but nothing else. And it appears to be an issue with the mp3 decoder in mplayer.
It happens on mpegs and wmv. I figured it out though.. this is weird. If mplayerplug-in crashes it leaves mplayXXXXXX files in /tmp. I did a rm -fr /tmp/* and tried playing videos again. This time they play all the way through, without issues. Should I file a bug report? Any idea why this would happen?
Nevermind, I guess it was downloading the whole thing before I had a chance to play it. If it only downloads 50%, then I hit play it plays up to that, even when it's done downloading.
I'm trying these videos here: http://media.xbox.ign.com/media/683/683200/vids_1.html
I turned debugging on and this error flashes across the screen millions of times when playing these videos; URLcmp: hostnames do not match
After it finishes downloading it gives a million READ: A: 13.9 V: 13.8 A-V: 0.023 ct: -0.035 326/326 0% 4% 1.1% 6 0 13% almost like what happens when you pause and resume mplayer a lot.
The URLcmp errors can be ignored. If you look at the code just set the if (DEBUG) to if (DEBUG > 1) and that will quiet it down.
As for the READ messages, that is the status from mplayer so that I can update the progress bar, so that is not a problem either. It is not being paused.
However, there is something else going on here and I have been unable to figure it all out yet. So I'll work on it.
The formatting that ign uses on these URLs makes solving this a little tricky since the URL for the video also loads the webpage.. kind of a recursive mess.
Now its streaming again. The only thing I did was delete those mplayXXXXXX files, so I'm still thinking that was my fix :P.
I've just made some changes to the CVS code and while it is better now, I'm not sure it is perfect. Still have a couple of issues that I need to work out... (plays the main video twice, once from the net and once from the cache). I need to write some code to clean up the playlist.
I've seen this problem with mine too (using 2.80 with Mplayer1.0pre6). I've found that if the video starts playing before it is done and catches up with the download b/c it's going to slow to keep up it will stop instead of pause like you'd think it would. If you press play nothing happens, but if you hit the rewind button then play it works fine...
Log in to post a comment.
Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:
You seem to have CSS turned off.
Please don't fill out this field.