I've been going to the realone website to test realplayer files. Before installing mplayerplug-in, it would simply spawn realplayer and work just fine. Now, it opens a blank window and stalls. Clicking on "help-about plugins", I see that mplayerplug-in does list support for realmedia types, but not the .rmm extension. So, I'm a little puzzled as to why it is trying to open .rmm files. I've tried re-compiling mplayer (using debian/rules) while explicitly giving the path to my realplayer codecs and I've tried using the windows based codecs instead. I just can't get it to work.
So, is there a way I can just tell mplayerplug-in not to support any realaudio/realvideo files?
I don't have this problem with mozplugger, but mplayerplug-in does a much better job with quicktime and wmv formats so I'd prefer to stay with mplayerplug-in.
A couple of other things, this appears to be limited to Mozilla. Konquerer will just spawn realplayer as before. However, Konquerer seems to struggle with the realone website in general. Also, in Mozilla I can save the target .rmm file (right click and "save target as") then open it in realplayer and it will work.
Edit out the realplayer mime types in mplayerplug-in.c and recompile and reinstall. That should fix it. In the CVS version this is a config option.
Thanks, that was easy enough :)
It seems that my install of mplayer will play .rm files (although I get a short error message and my test file had the audio out of sync). So, it is finding my shared libraries, it just doesn't handle streaming - and this is consistent with the provided documentation as I recall.
...now, if I can just get sites like ifilm and atomfilms to realize that I in-fact *can* play thier movies.....
Thanks again for your help though,
Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:
You seem to have CSS turned off.
Please don't fill out this field.