this side (http://www.welde.de/) contains a small video. If I open it with my browser the video is downloaded, the mplayerplugin stops. Rightclick -> "Play" displays "Getting playlist" and then switches to "stop". MPlayer plugin is 3.35
I found that it must be a matter of my flashplayer plugin (18.104.22.168 Beta 2)
When I delete the flashplayer plugin the video will be displayed.
The test samples from http://fredrik.hubbe.net/plugger/test.html do not work either if I have the above mentioned page open on another firefox tab:
Quicktime (old codec), AVI (divx), AVI (radius cinepak) all fail.
MPEG works !
If I close the tab with www.welde.de on it all videos work again.
Strange, isn't it ;-). Probably a bug in Flashplayer, but I will start here.
I hate sites that alter my browser window... BUT! with the current CVS code of mplayerplug-in and Flash Player 9 beta 2 this site works perfectly for me.
You may want to see if your audio device is being held (try null or esd or sdl:esd as the ao). OSS most likely causes the audio lock. Or you may have an alsa card that does not support hardware channels.
Also, sounds like you might need a newer mplayer and the essential codec packs.
My MPlayer is 1.0rc1 with essential-20061022.tar.bz2. Ist there anything newer ?
Soundcard is a Soundblaster Audigy 2 (driver: snd-emu10k1). Sorry but I don't understand what you mean with "try null or esd or sdl:esd as the ao" :-(.
I forgot to mention that I built mplayerplugin against a gecko sdk from the firefox 2.0 sources (which fails in the middle at some Xulrunner lib, but the geckosdk seems to be created) and I run it in a firefox 2.
I tried the current CVS version, but no difference.
Starting firefox from console gives this output when opening the page:
Flash Player: Warning: environment variable G_FILENAME_ENCODING is set and is not UTF-8
(Gecko:8981): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_progress_set_percentage: assertion `percentage >= 0 && percentage <= 1.0' failed
Just tried it with the official GeckoSDK 1.8.04 from here: http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Gecko_SDK
Same problem, so it does not seem to be problem of building against the Geckosdk from the firefox 2 sourceball.
The console error messages from my previous post do not come up on first accessing the page, but after each reload.
it works here
mplayerplug-in 3.35 (installed for all supported mediatypes)
Shockwave Flash 9.0 d55
Just installed the Flashplayer 9 final, and it works !
Flashplayer is now the first plugin in the list at "about:plugins", before is was quite below in the list, don't know why. And the final flashplayer once again has an xpt file, the betas were missing it.
Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:
You seem to have CSS turned off.
Please don't fill out this field.