real streams show & play double [MPPI 2.66]

Help
ksandre
2004-07-13
2004-07-18
  • ksandre

ksandre - 2004-07-13

It is still true that when playing real streams that there appears TWO buffering bars at the bottom, and should the play succeed, there will be also be two nearly simultaneous instances of playback.

This using:  mplayerplug-in 2.66, mplayer-current [CVS *-20040710], extra codecs pack "all-20040706," Mozilla1.4.0 with gecko-sdk-1.6 (per MPPI README), and, of course, the appropriate plugin configure options for Gtk1.

I did make a screen capture of this if you want it.

I know there are similar threads describing this which I will try to find an post the link here.  Though I think the others discribe the event of the buffering/download screen obscuring the playback window.  I have not recently encountered this (as I recall, this would happen when using a plugin build compiled with the "--enable-x" at "configure" rather than a Gtk option.

• ksandre

ksandre - 2004-07-13

ADDENDA:  I also have Live.Com libs installed:
      live.2004.07.07

• Kevin DeKorte

Kevin DeKorte - 2004-07-13

I need a URL to test.

• ksandre

ksandre - 2004-07-13

heh - man, kevin, that was fast!  :)

(I'm still trying to complete my thought.)

Just a second and I'll find one.

(Actually, I know it does it with any real at PBS' site.)

• ksandre

ksandre - 2004-07-13

http://www.pbs.org/pov/pov2004/thirst/

...for example.

It happens everywhere though.

I am not sure if it only involves javascript.

• Kevin DeKorte

Kevin DeKorte - 2004-07-13

Ok, I made a workaround in the CVS code. The "statuspanel" directive was not being handled. Fix should be available in a couple of hours.

• ksandre

ksandre - 2004-07-13

Cool.  I'll give it whirl later on and let you know how it goes.  :)

• ksandre

ksandre - 2004-07-14

kdekorte said:

-->
      Ok, I made a workaround in the CVS code. The "statuspanel" directive was not being handled. Fix should be available in a couple of hours.
      <---

I just recently got this CVS version [07/14/04] and the build failed.  To verify, the top line in the "ChangeLog" is:

"Development
              Fix case where browser hangs on MMS media being closed...."

My build log at the point of error is:

---< begin log snip >---

usr/local/lib/mozilla/gecko-sdk/java/include -DGECKOSDK_ENABLED -Iinclude -fPIC  -I/usr/X11R6/include -DXPCOM_GLUE -DMOZILLA_STRICT_API -I/usr/local/include/gtk-1.2 -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/local/include/glib-1.2 -I/usr/local/lib/glib/include   -D_REENTRANT -I/usr/local/include/glib-1.2 -I/usr/local/lib/glib/include   -DGTK1_ENABLED -DGTK_ENABLED Source/plugin-ui.cpp
      Source/plugin-ui.cpp: In function `void menuitem_copy_callback(GtkMenuItem *, nsPluginInstance *)':
      Source/plugin-ui.cpp:1421: `GtkClipboard' undeclared (first use this function)
      Source/plugin-ui.cpp:1421: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
      Source/plugin-ui.cpp:1421: for each function it appears in.)
      Source/plugin-ui.cpp:1421: `clipboard' undeclared (first use this function)
      Source/plugin-ui.cpp:1439: implicit declaration of function `int gtk_clipboard_get(...)'
      Source/plugin-ui.cpp:1440: implicit declaration of function `int gtk_clipboard_set_text(...)'
      make: *** [plugin-ui.o] Error 1

---< end log snip >----

FYI:  I am still using gcc2.95.3/glib2.2.5.

(In the process of upgrading to Slackware-10.0 with gcc3+ though - plus all the rest, like a more recent version of Mozilla.)

(I forgot to indicated above that I do use linux kernel 2.4.26.)

• Kevin DeKorte

Kevin DeKorte - 2004-07-14

I added a feature to the plugin that I had not tested on GTK1, so I have disabled that feature in GTK1 and have commited it to CVS now.

• ksandre

ksandre - 2004-07-18

Sorry, I have not yet tried the CVS again.  I'll get to it soon.  :)

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks