Firefox 2.0.0.3 + mplayerplug-in = crash

Help
Ralph
2007-04-04
2013-05-13
  • Ralph

Ralph - 2007-04-04

Firefox 2.0.0.3 (with mplayerplug-in 3.40 or older) crashes with web pages containing Windows Media Player streams; for example:

http://www.live24.gr

You can try Radio Gold.
    For me (and for many other users) the crash happens 100 percent of the times!

From the console I get this message:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(firefox-bin:22757): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_widget_set_size_request: assertion `height >= -1' failed

(firefox-bin:22757): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_widget_set_size_request: assertion `height >= -1' failed

The program 'firefox-bin' received an X Window System error.
    This probably reflects a bug in the program.
    The error was 'BadLength (poly request too large or internal Xlib length erro'.
      (Details: serial 180421 error_code 16 request_code 156 minor_code 23)
      (Note to programmers: normally, X errors are reported asynchronously;
       that is, you will receive the error a while after causing it.
       To debug your program, run it with the --sync command line
       option to change this behavior. You can then get a meaningful
       backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error() function.)
    /usr/local/firefox/run-mozilla.sh: line 131: 22757 Segmentation fault      "$prog" ${1+"$@"}

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is a Firefox 2.0.0.3 bug and not a mplayerplug-in bug.
    With Firefox 2.0.0.2 + mplayerplug-in 3.40 all works perfectly!

• Kevin DeKorte

Kevin DeKorte - 2007-04-04

I've fixed this in CVS. Actually the browser should not have crashed since GTK was catching the improper size. It should have just ignored it. Anyway, I've fixed this... let me know if CVS corrects the problem you are having.

And I did test the site with FF 2.0.0.3

• Ralph

Ralph - 2007-04-04

Does not work!

After the crash, I get this message from the console:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GLib-ERROR **: file gmain.c: line 1880 (g_main_dispatch): assertion failed: (source)
      aborting...
      /usr/local/firefox/run-mozilla.sh: line 131: 27527 Aborted                 "$prog" ${1+"$@"}

In some cases of crash, I get this message too:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GLib-WARNING **: g_main_context_prepare(): main loop already active in another thread

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It seems a Firefox 2.0.0.3 problem introduced with the latest bug-fix; as I have explained in the previous message, Firefox 2.0.0.2 works without problems!

• Kevin DeKorte

Kevin DeKorte - 2007-04-05

Well if there are no problems in 2.0.0.2 and there are problems in 2.0.0.3 it sounds like you need to open a bug with mozilla...

• Ralph

Ralph - 2007-04-05

Yes, I know ...

I have posted the message in the forum section (of mplayerplu-in) just to evidentiate the problem.