Hang problems on certain types

Help
2006-05-22
2013-05-13
  • Quist, Tommy

Quist, Tommy - 2006-05-22

First off, yes, I have checked the FAQ.

I'm running the mplayer-1.0.20060415 snapshot, built with live, and I'm using mplayerplug-in 3.25. I'm testing in mozilla-firefox-1.0.8. There are no problems with mpeg or wmv, but when I attempt to load .mov videos, I get the "hangs after 99% cached" problem." However, the video plays fine if I just wget it and open it in mplayer.

Part of mplayer output:

==========================================================================
    Opening audio decoder: [faad] AAC (MPEG2/4 Advanced Audio Coding)
    AUDIO: 44100 Hz, 2 ch, s16le, 128.0 kbit/9.07% (ratio: 16000->176400)
    Selected audio codec: [faad] afm: faad (FAAD AAC (MPEG-2/MPEG-4 Audio) decoder)
    Opening video decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg's libavcodec codec family
    Selected video codec: [ffsvq3] vfm: ffmpeg (FFmpeg Sorenson Video v3 (SVQ3))

I have faad2-2.0 and ffmpeg-0.4.9_p20051216 installed. Could it have to do with these? Since mplayerplug-in works fine for other formats the problem isn't between firefox and the plugin, and since the plugin does try to load the file it is also seen/set as supported, so the problem isn't there either. And the file /IS/ supported by my mplayer installation, because it does fine just being opened in it. So now I have NO IDEA where the problem is.

• Kevin DeKorte

Kevin DeKorte - 2006-05-22

There is a problem with 3.25 and current CVS of mplayer. I would suggest trying the daily build. If that does not work then send the complete output of mplayer when you play a QT file.

• Quist, Tommy

Quist, Tommy - 2006-05-22

The snapshot is from portage, so it's not current cvs snapshot.
      Mplayer start output states:

MPlayer dev-CVS-060414-22:32-3.3.6 (C) 2000-2006 MPlayer Team

Is that date's cvs known to have problems aswell? And by "daily" do you mean the MPlayer v1.0pre7try2 that is linked from the Mplayer site as the latest release? (this one is from 2 days later than my cvs snapshot)

Did you want the complete output of an actual mplayer playing it (that which I've shown a few lines of), or am I to somehow get output from mplayerplug-in?

• Kevin DeKorte

Kevin DeKorte - 2006-05-23

By daily I mean the mplayerplug-in-daily source code. The version of mplayer you have should be ok.

Getting the output of mplayerplug-in would be ideal, you can do that by setting "debug=1" in the mplayerplug-in.conf file, closing all running instances of mozilla and firefox and then running firefox from a terminal and then opening a video you are having trouble with and you should see the output of mplayerplug-in in the terminal window.

• Kevin DeKorte

Kevin DeKorte - 2006-05-23

You also may want to just post the URL you are having issues with and see if I can duplicate the problem.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks