When I'm using mplayerplug-in it load and starts playing fine, but it never display the video! I can tell it's playing by the audio being played nicely. Also when using mplayer to play the file directly the video is shown as expected, so mplayer works fine. It seems like mplayerplug-in fails to grap the player window...
Hope someone can help/advise me.
Set your vo to x11.. that usually works.
Not in this case :(
Neither xv, x11 or gl works with mplayerplug-in...
My system is firefox 18.104.22.168 and mplayerplug-in 3.35 on archlinux-ppc on an old 300MHz G3 iBook.
What version of mplayer are you using? Seems like you have a lot of stuff up to date. You may need to try getting mplayerplug-in from CVS as there might be a patch in there to help with this problem. But I think it only affected XV mode. Another thing that would be extremely helpful would be this.
echo "debug=1" >> $HOME/.mplayer/mplayerplug-in.conf
and then run firefox from an xterminal or equivalent and capture any debug output that comes out. Perhaps that will show us what is wrong.
My version of mplayer is svn 20296.
I updated to mplayerplug-in cvs, but still the same problem.
Debug output can be found here: http://pastebin.archlinux.org/1725
Well all those h's in the output don't look good at all (looks like mplayer is crashing). Also, I tried to play that video directly and it plays for 1.7 seconds and crashes.. So there is something wrong there. Have you done the mplayerplug-in testing sites (home page / testing) and make sure those sites work.
All the h's only seems to show up in the cvs version of mplayerplug-in, in 3.35 i didn't see them. Anyway mplayer does seem to have issues with the example i posted, so here's another one: http://pastebin.archlinux.org/1726.
Btw, i've tested the test-sites, and they work fine, but still no video shown with mplayerplug-in, only audio...
Can you please post the output of one of the test sites (where the video does not work). Also, that last output you put up seemed to be truncated.. it didn't show any problems at least that I noticed.
Also, what can you tell me about how you get the videos into this place. Can you give me a full test case please.
Here's the result of playing the quicktime movie (.mov) from the plugger testsite: http://pastebin.archlinux.org/1728 Still the same issue...
Well I did some tracing of the code and it appears that the reason it is not working is due to the output of mplayer being all garbled. Until you get that problem fixed there isn't much that can be done from my end. I have a version of mplayerplug-in and mplayer both from cvs/svn and they work correctly. So it appears that something is wrong with you mplayer or that something is wrong with mplayerplug-in, but I am lost as to what it could be. I would suggest that you uninstall mplayer and mplayerplugin and then reinstall them and make sure they are clean builds. Also disable any extensions in firefox. Something else that could be a problem is something like SELinux, but I'm not positive about that.
You could also try running mplayer from the command line on the temp files that are downloaded and see if that works.
I'm at a loss as to what could be causing your problem at this point.
Log in to post a comment.