Anonymous CVS not authorized

• Martin Paquet

Martin Paquet - 2004-06-01

Although I've always been able to do it before, I haven't been able to get the latest CVS update for 2 days. 

$ cvs update -PAd
    cvs update: authorization failed: server rejected access to /cvsroot/mplayerplug-in for user anonymous

And trying to browse the CVS repository generates the following error:

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
    The proxy server could not handle the request GET /

Reason: Max-Forwards has reached zero - proxy loop?

• ksandre

ksandre - 2004-06-02

"Updates from within the module's directory do not need the -d parameter." 

(It has worked for me with it though.)

However, mplayerplug-in CVS is not working today [Wednesday, 06/02/04] for me either.

All I get is:

cvs [update aborted]: unrecognized auth response from M PserverBackend::PserverBackend() Connect (Connection refused)

• Kevin DeKorte

Kevin DeKorte - 2004-06-02
      • Martin Paquet

Martin Paquet - 2004-06-02

"cvs [update aborted]: unrecognized auth response from M PserverBackend::PserverBackend() Connect (Connection refused)"

I get the same message now, whatever I try.  CVS updates work for all the other projects I use except for this one.

• Kevin DeKorte

Kevin DeKorte - 2004-06-03

From the SourceForge status page:

(  2004-06-01 09:14:25 - Project CVS Service )   As of 2004-05-31 CVS pserver, ViewCVS and nightly tarballs for projects with UNIX names starting with the letters q, z, p, m, t, n and y will be down for an unknown time period due to a systems issue. We are currently working on a timely resolution to this issue.

• Martin Paquet

Martin Paquet - 2004-06-04

Yeah I finally saw it right after my last post (Duh!).  Fortunately, cvs updates now work.   By the way, my best respects for your outstanding program.  Being a mainframe developper,  I enjoy *nix but I'm definitely not as fluent in that environment.  Nevertheless, I can pretty well guess that you've put a lot of work in this gem.  Congratulations and many thanks from a happy user.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks