errors on make cmd

Help
Anonymous
2004-08-04
2004-08-19
  • Anonymous - 2004-08-04

Compiling against firefox (Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7) Gecko/20040626 Firefox/0.9.1) with:

./configure --with-gecko-sdk=/usr/local/firefox

When I do a make I get this:

g++ -c -Wall -g -O2 -DXP_UNIX -DMOZ_X11 -I/usr/local/firefox -I/usr/local/firefox/xpcom/include  -I/usr/local/firefox/nspr/include -I/usr/local/firefox/string/include -I/usr/local/firefox/embedstring/include -I/usr/local/firefox/plugin/include -I/usr/local/firefox/java/include -DGECKOSDK_ENABLED -Iinclude -fPIC  -I/usr/X11R6/include -DXPCOM_GLUE -DMOZILLA_STRICT_API -I/opt/gnome/include/gtk-2.0 -I/opt/gnome/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/opt/gnome/include/atk-1.0 -I/opt/gnome/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/opt/gnome/include/glib-2.0 -I/opt/gnome/lib/glib-2.0/include   -DGTK2_ENABLED -DGTK_ENABLED Source/plugin.cpp

In file included from Source/plugin.cpp:38:
    Source/plugin.h:46:28: mozilla-config.h: No such file or directory

Then pages of errors and parse errors. Anyone with the same problem(s)?

• Kevin DeKorte

Kevin DeKorte - 2004-08-05

You may want to re-read the install instructions. /usr/local/firefox does not appear to contain the gecko-sdk.

• Anonymous - 2004-08-19

Hmm, well the INSTALL and README files just give compile instructions, not which browser or gecko-sdk package I should get.

Anyone else with some help? I had to go back to 1.2 inorder for it to compile.

• Anonymous - 2004-08-19

From the website:

The Mozilla development files are needed to compile this code
      To get the Mozilla development files there are two options

1. mozilla-devel package (includes pkg-config files)
            The mozilla-devel package may come with your distribution and it is an optional install. Try using apt-get or yum or your package installer to obtain the package. Version 1.6 or higher are the only kits known to work.
         2. gecko-sdk
            The gecko-sdk can be obtained from mozilla.org (version 1.6 or higher of the SDK are the only ones that work)
            http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/mozilla/releases/mozilla1.6/
            Extract the tar file in some directory

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks