use-mimetypes=1 [MPPI 2.66]

Help
ksandre
2004-07-13
2004-07-18
  • ksandre

ksandre - 2004-07-13

Whenever I use the "use-mimetypes=1" in my mplayerplug-in.conf the plugin will not work with either WM or Real streams.  Instead I will get that popup that demands that I download the player.  Is this the expected result?  Otherwise [ie., "use-mimetypes=0"] will work and play either stream types.  (Yes, I do remember to renew the $HOME/.mozilla/pluginreg.dat.)

I use:  mplayerplug-in 2.66, mplayer-current [CVS *-20040710], extra codecs pack "all-20040706," Mozilla1.4.0 with gecko-sdk-1.6 (per MPPI README), and, of course, the appropriate plugin configure options for Gtk1

BTW, I have been trying lately without any audio/visual items configured to act as Mozilla helper applications in Edit -> Preferences -> Helper Applications.  (Though in order to play Real *.rm clips locally [not streamed] I need to tell Mozilla what to do with it.)

• Kevin DeKorte

Kevin DeKorte - 2004-07-13

Do you have the mplayerplug-in.types file in /etc or in $HOME/.mplayer ?

Kevin

• ksandre

ksandre - 2004-07-14

I have the mplayerplug-in.conf and mplayerplug-in.types in $HOME/.mplayer/ .

• Kevin DeKorte

Kevin DeKorte - 2004-07-14

What is the contents of the .types file

• ksandre

ksandre - 2004-07-18

It is just the exact one that is included with both 2.66 and the CVS's I have gotten.  It is the "mplayerplug-in.types" dated March 19, 2004.  (Which differs, in fact, from what Mozilla's about:plugins shows by default without the "use-mimetypes=1" option set in "mplayerplug-in.conf.")

• Kevin DeKorte

Kevin DeKorte - 2004-07-18

I'll make sure the .types file is sync'd to the code in the next release.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks