Site or Plugin?

Help
pencilart
2008-11-19
2013-05-13
  • pencilart

pencilart - 2008-11-19

When I go to this page: http://www.kcra.com/video/18011707/index.html and try to play the video, all I get is sound but no picture. It it also full screen and I do not want that. When I uncheck the fullscreen box, my browser crashes.

My browser is SeaMonkey 1.1.9 and my system is SuSE 10.0 (can't get anymore packages to install anymore), and the plugin is mplayerplug-in 3.50. When I set my system up, I did get the w32codec-all-20050412-0.pm.0.i586 package.

If the problem is a codec thing then I guess I'm stuck because my system is no longer supported.

• Kevin DeKorte

Kevin DeKorte - 2008-11-19

The site you had in the link appears to be flash based and does not use mplayerplug-in

• pencilart

pencilart - 2008-11-19

Thank you. That's a relief. I was worried that something was wrong with my mplayer plugin!

Does that site use Flash 10? I only have Flash 9.124.

• Kevin DeKorte

Kevin DeKorte - 2008-11-19

I have flash 10 and it appears to work for me, so I don't know if it requires flash 10 or not.

• pencilart

pencilart - 2008-11-19

Since it works for you in Flash 10, then that must be why it crashes my browser on my system. Unfortunately, I cannot get Flash 10 because it only supports newer libraries and mine are considered too old.

Thanks for helping me to figure this out!

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks