Having finally finished encoding all my CDs I put the
big list on shuffle and then spent all my time lunging
at the stereo to turn the volume down when a new
(louder) track came on. After doing some searching, I
bumped into normalize
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~cvaill/normalize/ and it
seemed like the solution to my problems. So, I
normalized all my mp3s. I then discovered that mpg321
doesn't support the RVA2 tags that normalize tacks on.
I explored the source a bit and came to the conclusion
that the library that reads the id3 tags would need to
be updated/replaced. Since it was turning into more
work than I have energy to deal with, I figured I'd
drop off a request for it here. :)
Log in to post a comment.