we finally got a release of mpg123 1.16.0 with lots of nice stuff:
- Taihei strikes again:
- New Huffman decoding scheme (configurable, on by default) brings nice boost to mpg123 to make it the fastest decoder on modern CPUs again.
- new AVX decoder
- assembly-optimized DCT36 for SSE and AVX
- added configs for vintage 3DNow(ext) CPUs (AMD K6) utilizing assembly DCT36
- added configs for vintage SSE CPUs (Pentium M), utilizing C DCT36
- added FORMAT command to generic control
- added support for ID3v2 APIC frames
- added mpg123-id3dump as official companion to extract meta data
(including writing of album art from APIC to files)
- added mpg123-strip as official companion to strip dirt out of MPEG streams
(including meta data)
- not deleting ID3 data right after printing in generic control
- module loader a bit more flexible with relative MPG123_MODDIR
- Fix chopped-off playback with pulseaudio output: draining the output now on closing.
- SDL output fixup, a) not chopping off end and b) non-fatal underrun
- Fix obvious errors in win32 output ... does it now play the end of tracks? Need someone to test this.
- added support for screen and iris-ansi terminals with --title (as prompted by patch from sf.net user canavan)
- fixes/enhancements for sgi audio output
- libmpg123: proper largefile aliases for proper systems (FreeBSD with one one-and-only off_t
This enables client software that insists on defining pointless _FILE_OFFSET_BITS.
- wrapper script src/mpg123-with-modules to ease the pain of running mpg123 with modules without installation (setting MPG123_MODDIR)
- removed ALSA 0.5 code (unused for longtime, last GPL-only bit)
Get it where it comes from: http://mpg123.org/download.shtml