Menu

Streaming Movies over Lan?

MoviX Box
2003-10-27
2021-04-19
  • Dominic Stefani

Dominic Stefani - 2003-10-27

Hello, Ill build my own MoviX box based on CF Cards in an Slimline PC. So, it is possible to play/stream Movies (and perhaps MP3) with MoviX over Lan? This could be Samba or NFS.

Thx.

• Roberto De Leo

Roberto De Leo - 2003-10-28

yes, you can do that with either samba of NFS
      at this stage I suggest you to use MoviX rather than MoviX2 because, even though it has a rougher look, it has a menu for easy mount of remote dires

• PrOfUnD Darkness

Do you think a 802.11b WiFi has enough bandwich to stream a video from a samba/nfs share?

I'm building a Movix box to my living room, but I want to access my main PC on my room upstars.

• Roberto De Leo

Roberto De Leo - 2003-11-07

The best solution would be just trying :-)
        Roughly speaking, since a divx movie is ~600MB and its duration is ~1h then you need a network able to transmit at least 600MB/3600s ~ 200 KB/s.
        I think this is doable by a 802.11b WiFi but it depends on many factors so try this out and report!

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2003-12-02

Hi!
        I made some experiences playing movies via 802.11b networks. I tried to play movies on my notebook from a samba share via WLAN. No chance !! Video and audio are not synchronous and playing stops ever 5-6 seconds. (Access Point and Notebook are just 3 meters away from each other!) I upgraded to a linksys 802.11g system and now playing movies works. The only problem  is to find some drivers for linux....

• Nathan Mark

Nathan Mark - 2021-02-16

Rainiertamayo is a very famous internet video streaming site that allows free watching of films and television shows. Rainiertamayo is an aspect of a Rainierland site, providing different content as well. On Rainiertamayo, complete-length films can be found free of charge in the best quality video. Given its latest material, which gets in good quality, people love this place.

• Nathan Mark

Nathan Mark - 2021-02-24

Here is the alternatives list for rainiertamayo. Thank me later! ;)

• Levi Smith

Levi Smith - 2021-04-13

popcorntime is a good option to watch free movies.

• Levi Smith

Levi Smith - 2021-04-19

The best alternatives to watch movies and tv shows for free.