#191 Incorrect results when importing

Importing (14)

I'm trying to import the attached file which has been created from Microsoft Money. Although the file appears to import correctly, the log reports some QIF errors but, more importantly, all of the transactions show the same date rather than the date from the entries and, even worse, there are some incorrect entries.

For example, by comparing the Microsoft Money transactions with those in MMEX, I can see that there is an entry with a note of "Mrs A Peach" which MMEX shows as having a transaction value of £35 but should have a value of £160. Correcting that one value seems to get the balances matching.

I have got the date format set as DD/MM/YYYY and that appears to be the date format being used by Microsoft Money so I'm not sure why the dates aren't getting set properly.


  • Philip Colmer

    Philip Colmer - 2011-08-27

    File exported from Microsoft Money

  • Pat O

    Pat O - 2011-09-08
    • assigned_to: nobody --> stef145g
  • Stefano

    Stefano - 2012-04-06

    We have discovered that the the supplied file contains the pound symbol (£). MMEX has trouble reading this and throws a new line. The encoding of the file is ASCII.
    When the encoding of this file is converted to UTF-8 with BOM, and reloaded into mmex, the lines are correctly read and all is well.

    The new release will have the file date format included to enable reading this file.

  • Stefano

    Stefano - 2012-04-06
    • status: open --> open-later
  • Stefano

    Stefano - 2012-04-23
    • status: open-later --> closed-fixed

Log in to post a comment.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:

No, thanks