We are pleased announce a major new release of the
Mondrian OLAP Server.
Mondrian release 2.0.1 (production) adds many new
features for building scalable, powerful and
flexible Business Intelligence applications on top
of Open Source and Commercial databases. This
release builds upon the Mondrian 1.1 release,
popular for its small footprint, flexible
deployment model, and implementation of the
industry-standard MDX language.
Some of the added features are:
* Aggregate tables improve the performance of
large data warehouses;
* Calculated sets defined in the schema, and WITH
SET syntax to define sets within an MDX query;
* User-defined functions;
* Enhanced support for parent-child hierarchies;
* Enhanced XML for Analysis (XML/A) support;
* Enhanced support for
* Pushdown SQL. To improve performance, Mondrian
automatically translates filters and
aggregations into SQL which can be executed on
the underlying RDBMS;
* Support for the Apache Derby pure Java embedded
Mondrian is the OLAP Server component of the
Pentaho open-source BI stack. See
www.pentaho.org for more details.
Log in to post a comment.