Menu

Executing modbuspal from command line

Help
2018-04-16
2020-10-15
  • William E. Reed III

Hi,

Is there a way to pass command-line parameters to modbuspal such that it
    can automatically open a saved xmpp file and start a simulation?

Thanks,
    Bill

• darkweb

darkweb - 2019-11-09

The latest code now allows for specifying a -loadFile parameter as well as a -port for customization on the command line but you'll need to build it to try it out.

• eli

eli - 2020-03-17

Hi darkweb, can you explain please how its work's in the new version , i tried to download the last update application of modbus and i didnt sucssed to run "-loadFile" and "-port". so what i need to do in the main page i didnt saw the last version but i saw in the code tab your last update. i tried also to build the application with "ant" . So u can explain please:

if we need to build so how we need to do that?
    if you can upload the last release with the update of the variable from path it is can be awsome
    Give an example how to load configuration file please.
    4.Thanks

• darkweb

darkweb - 2020-10-15

Hi eli,
    Thanks for your interest.
    In order to compile it you need to have a few dependencies available in the parent directory of the build.xml. These are in the project.properties file:
    file.reference.jcommon-1.0.18.jar=../jfreechart-1.0.15/lib/jcommon-1.0.18.jar
    file.reference.jfreechart-1.0.15.jar=../jfreechart-1.0.15/lib/jfreechart-1.0.15.jar
    file.reference.jython.jar=../jython2.7b1/jython.jar
    file.reference.RXTXcomm.jar=../rxtx-2.1-7-bins-r2/RXTXcomm.jar

After that you can build it with:
    ant compile
    ant jar

To run it with a config file you can do something like:
    * java -jar ModbusPal.jar -loadConfig="/c/Users/Default/Documents/test.xmpp"

I'm in the process of setting up a docker image with the environment already set up so that it can be easily built. I'll also post an updated jar file once I have that working.