Menu

Need support for FC_READ_DISCRETE_INPUTS for reading coils

Help
Howard C
2013-09-20
2013-09-24
  • Howard C

Howard C - 2013-09-20

Hi, your software looks like exactly what I need, except my master uses the "read discrete inputs" function code for reading from coils. I tried to make the mods myself, but it seems difficult to get the correct versions of your external packages. Can you help in any way?

Thanks!

--Howard

• Howard C

Howard C - 2013-09-20

Okay, I was able to get it to build after a bit of effort, and my simple addition of read discrete inputs worked like a charm. Nice code base! In the end it's only a few lines of code since it works the same as FC_READ_COILS. Would you like a diff?

• nnovic

nnovic - 2013-09-24

Dear Howard,

Thank you for your interest in ModbusPal. Your contribution would be greatly appreciated.

Until now, I was delaying the support of this function because I was not sure hax to treat them in ModbusPal. The MODBUS specification made me think of discrete inputs and coils as completely separate entities. On the other hand, the few devices I have seen supporting this function were considering discrete inputs and coils as the same thing.

If I had more time, I would let the user choose between the two possibilities. But for now, I will integrate your modifications in the codebase.

Many thanks!

De : Howard C hicannon@users.sf.net
      À : [modbuspal:discussion] 899955@discussion.modbuspal.p.re.sf.net
      Envoyé le : Vendredi 20 septembre 2013 2h55
      Objet : [modbuspal:discussion] Need support for FC_READ_DISCRETE_INPUTS for reading coils

Okay, I was able to get it to build after a bit of effort, and my simple addition of read discrete inputs worked like a charm. Nice code base! In the end it's only a few lines of code since it works the same as FC_READ_COILS. Would you like a diff?

Need support for FC_READ_DISCRETE_INPUTS for reading coils

Sent from sourceforge.net because nnovic@yahoo.fr is subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/modbuspal/discussion/899955/
      To unsubscribe from further messages, a project admin can change settings at https://sourceforge.net/p/modbuspal/admin/discussion/forums. Or, if this is a mailing list, you can unsubscribe from the mailing list.