Problem with saved XMPP files.

Help
odyssea4
2013-06-25
2016-09-06
  • odyssea4

odyssea4 - 2013-06-25

Hi,

I've been trying out ModbusPal on both Windows 7 and Linux (Ubuntu 12.04) and it works brilliantly except that saved project files (xmpp files) don't seem to work when reloaded.

I can set up a Modbus TCP project which works perfectly when first configured. However, if I then save it, restart ModbusPal and reload the project file, it loads without an indicated error but it seems to produce an "unknown function" response to all Modbus requests. This appears to be the case on both Win7 and Linux platforms, both using the 64-bit Oracle Java 7u25 JRE.

The problem seems to be something to do with the Modbus slave definition because if I load a saved project, delete the slave and then remake it to exactly the same specification, it then works perfectly. However, if I then export, delete, then re-import the slave, the problem returns.

I can't believe this hasn't been spotted by anyone else, so am I missing something fundamental or is it a quirk of the JRE I'm using?

Cheers,

Simon

• Jithu K.R.

Jithu K.R. - 2013-07-06

Even i am facing the same problem.. please respond ..
    cheers
    Jithu

• nnovic

nnovic - 2013-07-23

Dear all,
    Thank you for your interest in ModbusPal.
    I have been away from this project from a long while, and unfortunately I didn't receive any email notification when your messages were posted.
    I will investigate this problem. Can any of you provide a problematic xmpp file ?
    Best regards,
    nnovic

• odyssea4

odyssea4 - 2013-07-23

nnovic,

Thanks for responding. The attached file exhibits the problem.

Kind regards,

Simon

• nnovic

nnovic - 2013-09-26

Dear Simon,

I have fixed the issue in the codebase. I will make a new release version as soon as possible.

Thank you for your contribution.

Best regards,
    nnovic

• Jithu K.R.

Jithu K.R. - 2013-10-04

Dear nnovic,
    Can you share the modification you have done to fix this issue. its been long time i am working on your code to identify the issue.
    Jithu

• nnovic

nnovic - 2013-10-04

Dear Jithu,

Here is the file that contains the fix.

Best regards,
    nnovic

• Jithu K.R.

Jithu K.R. - 2013-10-05

Dear nnovic,
    thank you.. cheers :) waiting for the new update.

• Jithu K.R.

Jithu K.R. - 2013-10-08

Dear nnovic,
    Can you please update the new modbuspal. Jar as soon as possible.. I am not able to compile your code.
    Best regards
    Jithu

• Jithu K.R.

Jithu K.R. - 2013-11-27

Dear nnovic,
    I have compiled the corrected source code. Now i can save XMPP files and continue my work . Cheers !! :D
    Best regards
    Jithu

• Jonas

Jonas - 2016-09-06

Find attached the fixed jar. It requires RXTX installed to start.

Last edit: Jonas 2016-09-07
  • shinepo

shinepo - 2017-10-13

Dear Jonas
    I Have copy the fixed jar from 2016-09-07 "ModbusPal.jar" , then my project function is working , but now I can not open the Scripts.
    http://nimb.ws/SRx5wc)

Best regards,
    shinepo

Last edit: shinepo 2017-10-13