Let's not give up, we might be onto something very important.
 
Was your configuration Win2k8 R2 SP1 64bit?
Did you run the scripts in 32-bit or 64-bit CMD window?
Was it a clean installation of the OS?
 
I would really like to nail down the configuration required to reproduce this problem.
 
Thanks,
Greg
> From: mod-security-developers-request@lists.sourceforge.net
> Subject: mod-security-developers Digest, Vol 25, Issue 3
> To: mod-security-developers@lists.sourceforge.net
> Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 15:28:56 +0000
>
> Send mod-security-developers mailing list submissions to
> mod-security-developers@lists.sourceforge.net
>
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/mod-security-developers
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
> mod-security-developers-request@lists.sourceforge.net
>
> You can reach the person managing the list at
> mod-security-developers-owner@lists.sourceforge.net
>
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of mod-security-developers digest..."
>
>
> Today's Topics:
>
> 1. Re: WS2008 R2 SP1 (64bit) IIS 7.5 (Greg Wroblewski)
> 2. Re: WS2008 R2 SP1 (64bit) IIS 7.5 (Jan van Valen)
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 13:03:31 -0800
> From: Greg Wroblewski <gwroblew@hotmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [Mod-security-developers] WS2008 R2 SP1 (64bit) IIS 7.5
> To: "mod-security-developers@lists.sourceforge.net"
> <mod-security-developers@lists.sourceforge.net>
> Message-ID: <BLU002-W12F20269DF2DC4D9EDBF63DE510@phx.gbl>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
>
> The event log error clearly indicates an issue with the installation. I just did a fresh test with latest bits on WS2008 R2 and everything worked for me. I used the administrator command line installation method and here is my output: Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7600]
> Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.C:\Users\gwroblew>cd \temp\modsecurityC:\Temp\modsecurity>copyfiles.batC:\Temp\modsecurity>IF /I AMD64 == x86 GOTO x86C:\Temp\modsecurity>copy x86\*.dll C:\Windows\syswow64\inetsrv
> x86\libapr-1.dll
> x86\libapriconv-1.dll
> x86\libaprutil-1.dll
> x86\libcurl.dll
> x86\libxml2.dll
> x86\lua5.1.dll
> x86\ModSecurityIIS.dll
> x86\pcre.dll
> x86\zlib1.dll
> 9 file(s) copied.C:\Temp\modsecurity>copy amd64\*.dll C:\Windows\system32\inetsrv
> amd64\libapr-1.dll
> amd64\libapriconv-1.dll
> amd64\libaprutil-1.dll
> amd64\libcurl.dll
> amd64\libxml2.dll
> amd64\lua5.1.dll
> amd64\ModSecurityIIS.dll
> amd64\pcre.dll
> amd64\zlib1.dll
> 9 file(s) copied.C:\Temp\modsecurity>copy x86\*.pdb C:\Windows\syswow64\inetsrv
> x86\libapr-1.pdb
> x86\libapriconv-1.pdb
> x86\libaprutil-1.pdb
> x86\libcurl.pdb
> x86\lua5.1.pdb
> x86\ModSecurityIIS.pdb
> x86\pcre.pdb
> x86\zlib1.pdb
> 8 file(s) copied.C:\Temp\modsecurity>copy amd64\*.pdb C:\Windows\system32\inetsrv
> amd64\libapr-1.pdb
> amd64\libapriconv-1.pdb
> amd64\libaprutil-1.pdb
> amd64\libcurl.pdb
> amd64\lua5.1.pdb
> amd64\ModSecurityIIS.pdb
> amd64\pcre.pdb
> amd64\zlib1.pdb
> 8 file(s) copied.C:\Temp\modsecurity>GOTO endC:\Temp\modsecurity>register.batC:\Temp\modsecurity>pushd \C:\>cd C:\Windows\system32\inetsrvC:\Windows\System32\inetsrv>appcmd.exe install module /name:ModSecurityIIS /imag
> e:C:\Windows\system32\inetsrv\modsecurityiis.dll
> GLOBAL MODULE object "ModSecurityIIS" added
> MODULE object "ModSecurityIIS" addedC:\Windows\System32\inetsrv>popdC:\Temp\modsecurity>addschema.batC:\Temp\modsecurity>iisschema.exe /install ModSecurity.xml
> Installing schema file: C:\Temp\modsecurity\ModSecurity.xml
> Installed schema file: C:\Windows\system32\inetsrv\config\schema\ModSecurity.xmlRegistered section: system.webServer/ModSecurity
> Finished
> After that I modified a web.config file, added ModSecurity config file to wwwroot and it worked as expected.
> Greg > ------------------------------