Request throttling mod_qos 10.16

codevally
2013-08-14
2013-08-16
  • codevally

codevally - 2013-08-14

Hi

Currently I am using mod_qos 10.16 with Apache 2.2.21 version.

My mod_QOS configs are as below.

QS_LocRequestLimit /wsdl/getCapMessages 3
    QS_LocRequestPerSecLimit /wsdl/getCapMessages 3
    QS_LimitRequestBody 5120
    QS_ErrorResponseCode 426

According to the above configs, I want to limit the number of requests per second to 3. And the rest want to denied straightway (no need to add a delay).

But when I start my testing, I saw that the request per second (current) is having more than 3 request (sometimes it is 4, 7). Could you please let me know why is that?

Also in apache server-status page, I can see it taking more than 3 request per second. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong?

Please check the attached images.

Thanks

Roshan.

Last edit: codevally 2013-08-14
  • Pascal Buchbinder

QS_LocRequestPerSecLimit tries to limit the number of requests by adding a delay to each request (closed loop control algorithm calculates a delay time). Therefore, it can be possible that the limitation can't be enforced accurately, e.g., the limitation is defined too low (only 3 requests per second is very very low), clients do vary their behaviour to fast, or the downloaded files are too small (delay takes only very little effect).

• codevally

codevally - 2013-08-16

Thanks for the response. Is there anyway to reject (deny) the requests if they exceed the per second limit. At the moment I think it throttle by adding the delay to requests.

But I just want to deny the requests straightway, if they exceed the per second limit. Is this possible?

Many thanks.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks