Menu

EAPI vs API

Help
2002-12-28
2002-12-30
  • David Dyer-Bennet

When I install the linux .so file of 1.3.26.1a and start running it with my Rechat 7.2 Apache, I get an error in my log file that mod_gzip should be built with EAPI, and running the current setup could cause crashes.

So I grab the source, edit the makefile to add -DEAPI to the apxs calls, make, make install.

Seems fine, until I do anything that runs it, at which point I get apache children dying on bus errors.

So what's the deal?

• Guenter Knauf

Guenter Knauf - 2002-12-29

Hi,
      the deal is very easy; I've just submitted a patch for solving this problem; look at the patches tab...

G.

• David Dyer-Bennet

Hey, thanks! I just didn't know enough to dive in and try to figure this out from scratch (in finite time). Greatly appreciate your help, and will try the patch later today.

• David Dyer-Bennet

The patch works.  Thanks!

Um, actually the patch fails on line 4, when I try to apply it, but I can't for the life of me actually find anything wrong.  I applied it manually, and it works fine.  I probably had some kind of problem when I cut-and-pasted the patch.

• Guenter Knauf

Guenter Knauf - 2002-12-30

Hi,
      thanks for confirming the patch (I didnt test self).
      The problems you had with the path might be as you assumed; 'patch' on Unix doesnt like crlf line endings...; you can try with 'dos2unix'...
      G.