I have an index.html file that is accessed lots of times a
second. I thought I'd try the pre-compressed option.
This works well :-
GET /index.html HTTP/1.1" 200 11648 mod_gzip:
DECLINED:STATIC_GZ_FOUND In:0 -< Out:0 = 0 pct.
However, I have also switched on the option
... so that when I update the index.html file, mod_gzip
should update the associated index.html.gz file
automatiocally. Unfortunately this does not happen.
The log records this:-
GET /index.html HTTP/1.1" 200 46240 mod_gzip:
ED In:0 -< Out:0 = 0 pct.
... and the index.html.gz file remains unaltered.
I don't know where else to see if mod_gzip is trying to
update the .gz file and failing, but if I'm asked to try
some diagnostics I'll do so.
Log in to post a comment.