Compiling sources

Vito
2007-03-14
2013-03-27
  • Vito

Vito - 2007-03-14

Hello,

I love your program. Many compliments for it!

I tried to compile the sources with Wireless Toolkit 2.5, because I have a LG U900 phone with a wide screen (320x240), and I would like to try to modify the software in order to have the application using the full screen.

Do you think it is feasible?

Anyway, during compilation I have compilation errors:

C:\WTK25\apps\MobileStarChart\src\astro\data\DataConstellation.java:53: unclosed string literal
            new Constellation("Camelopardalis","Cam",6046679,4715970,"³À°\"),//11,Camelopardalis
                                                                     ^
    C:\WTK25\apps\MobileStarChart\src\astro\data\DataConstellation.java:130: ')' expected
            new Constellation("Vulpecula","Vul",20021575,1640366,"ª°¯W")//88,Vulpecula
                                                                        ^
    In fact, the main error is the first (line 53 of the source file): there is a backslash preceding the ", which is syntactically wrong: the backslash starts an escape sequence. If you meant to add a backslash character, then a double backslash should be present instead of the single one.

But my question is: how were you able to compile it?

Regards
    Vito (from Italy)

• Mark Kuo

Mark Kuo - 2007-04-11

Sorry for late reply. I don't usually check out this place.. :( sorry~~

The compilation error is due to the Chinese characters I used in the source. Please set your environment to UTF-8 encoding to be able to compile it.

The way to make the program full screen depends on MIDP versions, or whether your cell phone supports it. In MIDP2.0 I tried to use the pre-defined function to do full screen display, but some cell phones apparently do not support it. So I am not really sure about it. Please check it out about your specific cell phone.

:)

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks