Some more mobility questions

• Damjan Miklic

Damjan Miklic - 2010-04-22

We have two more questions regarding the Mobility Elemental Test.

1) In the USARBot.ini file that was provided alongside the draft version of the competition rules, there are no encoders on the UnitLoader wheels. Are we allowed to add the encoders, as they are necessary for our localization algorithms?

2) How will the input package sequence be specified? If I understood correctly, we will be generating the packages ourselves by sending commands to the FactoryControlBot in USARSim. However, how will we know which packages we need to generate i.e. in what order? Is this going to be specified a priori in an .xml file or in some other way?

Thank you for your help and effort.

• Stephen Balakirsky

Thanks for the questions. The answers are below…
    1) Feel free to add encoders to the UnitLoader. Please send me your .ini file as soon as possible so that we can assure that it works with rest of the system.
    2) During debug, you are correct. You generate the package destinations (the memory field). During the competition, you will send the same command, but the "memory" field will be filled in by the servoFactCtrl software. You can read this with the RFID reader to get the destination.

Please try the RFID reader to assure that it works for you. If you have issues, we can work out another way for you to know the destinations.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks