Menu

Roller table height

VMAC Help
ghenson
2009-03-27
2012-12-14
  • ghenson

ghenson - 2009-03-27

Is there a way to lift the roller table on the UnitLoader?

Station Unload1 seems to be at a different height then Loading.

• Stephen Balakirsky

There used to be, but I disabled it because if you ran into something, the table would tilt (and stay that way). Why do you need to raise it? I can put that feature back in if needed, or we can change the heights of the loading/unloading stations. The stations are dedicated to either loading or unloading.

• ghenson

ghenson - 2009-03-27

I am having trouble offloading the package due to a tilted table. The table seems to become tilted with using the supplied code to dock with "Loading".

I will see if I can find a collision.

• Stephen Balakirsky

When is the last time that you updated USARSim? You may need a new USARBot.ini file entry for the unit loader. It should read:
        [USARBot.UnitLoader]
        bDebug=False
        Weight=50
        Payload=25
        ChassisMass=100.000000
        MaxTorque=32000.0
        MotorTorque=2400.0
        bMountByUU=False
        JointParts=(PartName="RightFWheel",PartClass=class'USARModels.UnitLoaderTireRight',DrawScale3D=(X=1,Y=1,Z=1),bSuspensionLocked=true,Parent="",JointClass=class'KCarWheelJoint',ParentPos=(Y=0.30,X=0.30,Z=0.2),ParentAxis=(Z=1.0),ParentAxis2=(Y=1.0),SelfPos=(Z=-0.0),SelfAxis=(Z=1.0),SelfAxis2=(Y=1.0))
        JointParts=(PartName="LeftFWheel",PartClass=class'USARModels.UnitLoaderTireLeft',DrawScale3D=(X=1,Y=1,Z=1),bSuspensionLocked=true,Parent="",JointClass=class'KCarWheelJoint',ParentPos=(Y=-0.30,X=0.30,Z=0.2),ParentAxis=(Z=1.0),ParentAxis2=(Y=1.0),SelfPos=(Z=-0.0),SelfAxis=(Z=1.0),SelfAxis2=(Y=1.0))
        JointParts=(PartName="RightRWheel",PartClass=class'USARModels.UnitLoaderTireRight',DrawScale3D=(X=1,Y=1,Z=1),bSuspensionLocked=true,Parent="",JointClass=class'KCarWheelJoint',ParentPos=(Y=0.30,X=-0.30,Z=0.2),ParentAxis=(Z=1.0),ParentAxis2=(Y=1.0),SelfPos=(Z=-0.0),SelfAxis=(Z=1.0),SelfAxis2=(Y=1.0))
        JointParts=(PartName="LeftRWheel",PartClass=class'USARModels.UnitLoaderTireLeft',DrawScale3D=(X=1,Y=1,Z=1),bSuspensionLocked=true,Parent="",JointClass=class'KCarWheelJoint',ParentPos=(Y=-0.30,X=-0.30,Z=0.2),ParentAxis=(Z=1.0),ParentAxis2=(Y=1.0),SelfPos=(Z=-0.0),SelfAxis=(Z=1.0),SelfAxis2=(Y=1.0))
        JointParts=(PartName="Light",PartClass=class'USARModels.SpinLight',DrawScale3D=(X=1,Y=1,Z=1),Parent="",JointClass=class'USARBot.KSpinHinge',ParentPos=(Y=0.0,X=0.45,Z=-1.33),ParentAxis=(Z=1.0),ParentAxis2=(Y=1.0),SelfPos=(Z=-0.0),SelfAxis=(Z=1.0),SelfAxis2=(Y=1.0))
        #MisPkgs=(PkgName="UnitLoaderTop",Location=(Y=0,X=-0.17,Z=-0.15),PkgClass=Class'USARMisPkg.UnitLoaderTop',Orientation=(Y=0,Z=0,X=0))
        MisPkgs=(PkgName="CameraPanTilt",Location=(Y=0,X=0.6,Z=-.55),Orientation=(X=0.0,Y=0.5,Z=0.0),PkgClass=Class'USARMisPkg.CameraPanTilt')
        Cameras=(ItemClass=class'USARBot.RobotCamera',ItemName="Camera",Parent="CameraPanTilt_Link2",Position=(Y=0.0,X=0.06,Z=-0.0088),Direction=(Y=0.0,Z=0.0,X=0.0))
        Sensors=(ItemClass=class'USARBot.GroundTruth',ItemName="GroundTruth",Position=(X=0.0,Y=0.0,Z=-0.0),Direction=(Y=0.0,Z=0.0,X=0.0))
        Sensors=(ItemClass=class'USARBot.INSSensor',ItemName="INS",Position=(X=0.0,Y=0.0,Z=-0.0),Direction=(x=0.0,y=0.0,z=0.0))
        Sensors=(ItemClass=class'USARModels.SICKLMS',ItemName="Scanner1",Position=(X=0.875,Y=0.0,Z=0.1),Direction=(Y=0.0,Z=0.0,X=0.0))
        #Sensors=(ItemClass=class'USARModels.RFIDPackageScanner',ItemName="reader1",Parent="UnitLoaderTop_Link1",Position=(X=0.43,Y=0.0,Z=-0.25),Direction=(Y=0.0,Z=3.145,X=0.0))
        Sensors=(ItemClass=class'USARModels.RFIDPackageScanner',ItemName="reader1",Position=(X=0.26,Y=0.0,Z=-0.4),Direction=(Y=0.0,Z=3.145,X=0.0))
        Sensors=(ItemClass=class'USARModels.SICKLMS',ItemName="Scanner2",Position=(X=-0.79,Y=0.0,Z=0.1),Direction=(Y=0.0,Z=3.145,X=0.0))
        Effecters=(ItemClass=class'USARModels.UnitLoaderTableEffecter',ItemName="Roller",Position=(Y=0.0,X=-0.17,Z=-0.15),Direction=(Y=0,Z=0.0,X=0.0))
        #Effecters=(ItemClass=class'USARModels.UnitLoaderTableEffecter',ItemName="Roller",Parent="UnitLoaderTop_Link1",Position=(Y=0.0,X=0.0,Z=-0.0),Direction=(Y=0,Z=0.0,X=0.0))

• ghenson

ghenson - 2009-03-27

I have version 1.13 with my local edits for the RFID sensor.
          This is the current head in CVS. I just did a CVS up for all of USARSim and rebuilt the code.

After watching closely, I see the if the package is not in the center of the roller table, the table will tilt to side where the package is. I have the package about 1.25 roller widths out of center.

Is this the intended action for the table?

• Stephen Balakirsky

I am not at my computer right now. Take a look at the code that I sent and see if you table effector is mounted the same as in your code. It may be that I need to check-in my version. Sorry that I can't be of more help.

• ghenson

ghenson - 2009-03-27

Using your ini file, I get a UnitLoader body with no wheels, table, light, LIDAR, or RFID sensor.

I will look further at the difference.

I did rebuild USARSim to make sure that was not the problem. Still did not work.

• Stephen Balakirsky

Hi George,
                I looked at the .ini file int he repository and on my system. There was no difference in the UnitLoader section. Is your table tilt the result of a collision? If not, we will have to look at how it was mounted. Thanks.

• Stephen Balakirsky

It may be that the forum added an extra <CR> or two. Try to reformat the entry so that the newlines make sense. The wheels and other items are included in the file.